Chapter 10: Love

So, how was the last chapter? was it... amazing? I dunno, I like the story so far. Yes I am an author who likes his own story, though I have a tiny ego. ok anyway I hope this chapter lives up to it's name.

Delta let out a small "grrrrrruugh" as he woke from the nightmare. He had to take a minute to remember who he was and all that. He felt something on his chest so he looked down to see Charlotte looking him right in the eyes, she looked excited, like she had been waiting to do something for a while but couldn't work up the courage to.

She wasn't going to... do THAT was she? Delta froze as she removed his helmet. 'oh wait, wait, wait, don't do that, don't do THAT! NO, I AM NOT READY FOR THAT KIND OF RELATIONSHIP YET!!!' Delta was trying to think of ways to get out of the situation, but everything stopped when he felt lips press against his.'what was I... thinking about again?'

Charlotte was enjoying this more than she expected and didn't realize it when she grabbed the back of his head, pulling him closer to her. They were again, in an abyss of nothing except each other. They kissed for what felt like an eternity but had to eventually part their lips for air. When Charlotte had air in her lungs again, she looked Delta in the eyes.

Charlotte leaned over to Delta's ear, her breath making him shudder a bit. "Delta" saying that he was surprised would be an extreme understatement. He thought that they had their voice boxes removed, then again he didn't know her past or anything that she'd been through. "I love you more than you could ever imagine" she continued, her voice was softer than silk, smoother than baby's skin and just genuinely pleasing to the ear. She also had what seemed to be a half french, half British accent. 

"I've... wanted to be with you since I saw that local announcement by Lamb, the one addressing you as local enemy number one" as Charlotte's words flowed into his ear, Delta grew more and more... more and more... he didn't know what the feeling or emotion was called but he felt attracted to her is one way to put it. "I'd of course, forgotten what happened ten years ago, but even though I remember it now, I am still in love with you. I want to be yours and only yours. I guess what I'm saying is... do you return my affection?"

Delta... was speechless, even though he couldn't talk he was still speechless. Charlotte returned to the position that she was in when he had just woken up, a patient expression on her face. 'I... I don't know how to feel about this. What's this warm feeling in my chest?' Delta was shocked when he started moving forward, pulling Charlotte into a hug. She kissed him again, strangely confident, this wasn't the Charlotte that he knew. The Charlotte that he knew was shy and would never do anything like this.

Charlotte suddenly stopped, and looked at him in... terror? That's strange, what could she possibly be afraid of? "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean... to be so forward. It's just..." she stopped talking. Her voice was much more quiet this time. She was about to speak again but was interrupted by Delta taking her into a loving and passionate kiss. She was as surprised as Delta when she spoke, but felt safe in his embrace, she didn't want him to let her go.

Eventually however, Delta let her go and simply nodded. Charlotte smiled like a child on Christmas morning. This was the best thing to happen to her since... since ever. "I love you, Delta" She spoke softly, in a seductive manner. Delta nodded, if to say 'I love you too, Charlotte'. "Let's get some sleep" Delta simply laid back down, with Charlotte cuddling up him. Neither of them were going to have nightmares this time.

And that's it. I tried to give this chapter a warm fuzzy feeling. But if you like sad, dramatic stuff as well, don't leave yet. We've got quite a way to go in the story and there will some VERY sad and dramatic moments, so just hang on.