Screaming Bullshit From the Top Of My Lungs

That's the most adorable gif you'll ever see.

*-*-*A WEEK OR SO LATER*-*-*

"You're going to the beach with me."

I sigh. Although I do love the beach and the Summer weather, I have a lot of studying to do for exams next week. I may not have mentioned that Max came around two months before the end of school. Just after March break, to be specific. 

"Babe, you know I would, but I have to study. I'm not taking my year over again. You should be paying attention to your notes too at least. Cramming does no justice." I say. Things with Max have been pretty decent until this point. I'm stressing, and he's trying his best to get me to relax, even though it's not working at all, and all he's doing is making me more annoyed with him. We've been fighting quite a bit these last few days, which is drawing me away from him. From previous relationships, I've learned how people can turn when they fight, and I'm not willing to go down that path with Max.

"I don't understand why you can't just take one fucking day off to spend with your boyfriend. Seriously, you've been avoiding me lately, and I hate it. What the fuck is so important that you can't spend time with me?" he demands. 

I sigh, and give him a pleading look. His temper is like a switch easily flicked. Why is it that I always fall for the ones with hot tempers? 

"Max, please. You know how much getting a good mark means to me. Hell, I wouldn't eat for a week if it meant I could pass my classes with a perfect mark. Just... go find TJ or Ronnie or something. I promise after exams I'm all yours." I reason. He's still having none of it.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're avoiding me, Aylia. Why? What have I ever done to you that would make you avoid me? I've been nothing but my best around you, and you won't let me just brush a little weight off your shoulders?" he continues.

"It's not what you have done, it's what you will do.."  I mutter under my breath. 

"What was that?" he questions me. I bite my lip, instantly regretting making that remark.

"Nothing.." I say softly. His gaze hardens. Oh, awesome. Now he thinks I'm hiding something from him.

"I heard you. What exactly am I 'going to do'" he asks, finger quoting me.

"It's nothing, Max." I insist.

"If it's concerning me, I have the fucking right to know! God damn it, Aylia. Are we really going to do this?" His voice only raises in volume.

"Do what, Max? You really think I'm hiding something from you?" I question, my voice raising to match his.

"Well it sure fucking seems like it!"

"My fucking ex boyfriend used to fucking hit me when we got into fights like this, okay?" I nearly scream at him. I realize now there's tears streaming down my face. His expression immediately softens, and he reaches for my cheek. 

"Don't fucking touch me." I snap. The memories running through my brain are all too much right now. 

"Aylia... you know I would never.." he says softly, appearing shocked. 

"That's exactly what he said, Maxwell. Then when i wouldn't let him have his way, he'd beat me, and make fucking sure he had it anyway. Hell, if I even looked at him wrong he'd beat me. Sometimes I wouldn't do anything at all. He'd just come over fucking high or drunk, and beat the shit out of me just because he could. He turned out to be a fucking addict and alcoholic, Max. He went to jail because he got caught with fucking cocaine, and that's how I got away from him. And that was only just under three years ago. You can see how I'd be fucking untrustworthy of people, Maxwell." I tell him harshly.