Chapter 7: Unexpected Connections

Note: I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to post this! I meant to post it a week ago, but it completely slipped my mind. Being graduated and not having a job is stressful. Anyway...

What do you think of the story so far? I'm still freaking out over everything Daisy and Brandon because I kind of love them so I hope you do too. 

Don't forget to vote and comment! :)

Chapter 7: Unexpected Connections

Daisy went to the library after school. She had a pile of homework and a paper to write. Finding a table near the back, she spread her books across the table and organized them according to when the assignments were due. She had only been working for a half hour when Kevin walked in and sat next to her.

"I heard you were coming here," he said, moving one of her books aside.

"You were looking for me?" Daisy smiled.

"I have a proposition."

Daisy laughed and set her pencil down. She turned in her seat to face him. This would either be terrifying or ridiculous.

"This should be interesting," she said. "What do you got?"

"I need help passing a couple of my classes. Since we've been spending so much time together and you're the smartest person I know, I promise to pay you back with dates."

She laughed again. "In dates?" She asked, "That's what's in it for me?"

"And here I thought you liked me." He grinned. "Do you have another suggestion?"

"Well I do enjoy movies."

He smiled. "Movies it is! When do we start?"

"Tomorrow," Daisy told him.

He leaned forward and kissed her cheek before standing up.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Maggie."

As soon as Kevin left, and Daisy began her homework again Laura approached her. She sat across from Daisy and took out a few of her books.

"How did you know I was here?" Daisy asked her.

Laura simply smiled. "I'm your best friend. If you're not with Brandon you're either at home or at the library. I need to talk to you."

"About what?"

"I talked to Brandon."

"What?!"

Laura continued, "I'm still worried about your plan, but I know I can't talk you out of it. The only other person who knows about it is Brandon. I remembered you telling me he works at the bowling alley, so I went there to find him."

"I'm guessing you found him?" Daisy asked.

Laura nodded. "He recognized me immediately; said you showed him pictures of me. He led me to the back room, so we could talk alone. I told him I was worried about your plan because I don't want you getting in any trouble. It was weird. Every time I expressed my worries he agreed. No argument. Finally, I asked why you were still going with the plan if he was so worried about it."

"Brandon doesn't control me, Laur."

"I know," Laura said. "I didn't say it like that. His reply is what you need to focus on. He told me you're the most important person in the world to him. He would always protect you. Once I got him started, I couldn't get him to stop talking about his feelings for you. Listening to him talk like that made me realize something."