Chapter 15: Halloween Murder Spree

Note: This is the last chapter before the Epilogue! Can you believe it because we cannot.

Warning: We cried writing this and we cried more when we finished it. Prepare for a lot of feelings.

Enjoy! (or not it is a chapter about a murder spree)

Chapter 15: Halloween Murder Spree

"Let's go over the plan one more time," Daisy told Brandon.

"Daisy, you know this."

"Please?" she asked. "I don't want to get anything wrong."

"You are going to the dance while I ask Troy where he wants to meet us. I'll sneak into the school to tell you where we are meeting. We'll meet up with Troy at 10."

Daisy wrapped her arms around Brandon's neck.

"Be careful," she told him. "I don't want Kevin and his friends to try something."

"I'll be careful," he promised her. "Keep an eye on the hallway. That's where I will wait. You better go. Kevin is expecting you."

Daisy kissed his cheek and hugged him instead. "I love you," she said. "Our lives are going to be better after tonight."

"I love you too," he replied. "Just a few hours and we are free. You look beautiful by the way."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

An hour later, Daisy found herself in a group with Laura, Kevin, and Kevin's friends. Kevin tried to ask her to dance, but she told him she could not leave Laura by herself. It felt them dancing in the group on the edge of the dance floor. Kevin left to get drinks and Daisy and Laura excused themselves to go to the bathroom. Laura went to the bathroom while Daisy searched the halls for Brandon.

She tried not to laugh when she spotted him. He was wearing all black with a mask and his hood was up. He was not wearing his favorite mask, but the one he chose was far less scary. He embraced her as soon as he saw her. She leaned against the lockers and Brandon kept his hands on her arms.

"Is it set?" She asked him.

He nodded. "We are meeting at the lake around 9:30. We'll have to walk through the woods to get to the spot by the road where Troy will be waiting for us."

"What about my bag? Did you pick it up?"

"No, not yet. I'm going to the motel for about an hour. I don't want to wait at home. I'll pick up our bags before I meet you at the lake."

Daisy grinned. "Good. I'll be there."

Kevin's friends left the gym to check on Daisy. Kevin warned them not to leave her alone, and they knew something was wrong when Laura came from the bathroom and Daisy did not. When they got to the hall, they saw Brandon James with his arms around Daisy. They briefly heard part of a sentence as they approached.

"I love you," Brandon said. "You can do so much better."

"What the hell are you doing, freak?" one of them yelled at Brandon.

"What makes you think you're better for her then Kevin?" the other one asked. "You're ugly. You'll never have anyone."

"Guys, stop," Daisy said, trying to step between them and Brandon.

This was what she was afraid would happen if Brandon came to the school.

"Why? He's clearly bothering you. The freak is obsessed with you."