Chapter Three: The News

"No resurrections this time."

-----

Sabrina and Bruce met Rhodey at the Avengers Facility in upstate New York, where they awaited the arrival of Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff and Sam Wilson.

Sabrina sat nervously in a room behind the conference room where Rhodey was having an intense holographic meeting with General Ross.

How could she tell Steve that his daughter is in space? And shes been having dreams about the people who took her to space and also attacked New York? How could she tell him that his daughter wasnt safe, and didnt know if she would ever be safe again. How could Sabrina break news like that?

After a while, Sabrina didn't hear General Ross anymore, just Rhodes, Steve, and the others. "Yeah well the hotels weren't exactly five star." She heard Sam say, then she saw Bruce walk out to them and she followed.

"I think you look great." She saw everyone's faces covered in shock as he spoke, especially Nat's. "Yeah, I'm back."

She walked out and their attention switched to her, but a few seconds later, to Bruce who was behind her.

"Hi, Bruce." Natasha said after a while.

"...Nat."

Sabrina watched them awkwardly look at each other, which she understood since they kinda had a thing then he ran away and they never spoke since then. "This is awkward." Sam says as he holds Vision.

"Sabrina, what are you doing here?" Steve asked, and she could see it in his eyes he was wondering if Riley was here. This was it. This was the moment she had to break it to him.

"Uh, Riley... she's not here." Sabrina looked in his eyes.

"What do you mean, she didn't come with you? Is this about the attacks?" He asked.

"No she didn't, she's not actually on Earth anymore..." when he didn't say anything, she continued, "That's why I came with Bruce, we need your help, and-"

"Not on Earth?"

"No, she's not. She got taken up into a ship that my dad and Peter were trying to stop. They went up their too. So shes not alone, but they're still up in space."

Steve stayed silent, not knowing what to say. For a second he thought he'd see his little girl again after almost 3 years. But instead he was told she was in space. Even farther away.

"We've gotta stop this." Natasha said behind him.

"And we will. Thats why we're here." Sabrina said.

"They came for that stone." Bruce said.

"I'm well aware." Vision said.

They went into the back and discussed a plan.

"Thanos has the biggest army in the universe...and hes not going to stop until he.. he gets... Visions stone." Bruce explained.

"Well, then we have to protect it." Natasha said.

"No, we have to destroy it. Ive been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head. Also its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something very similiar to its own signature, perhaps... its molecular integrity will fail." Vision said.

The whole time he was speaking, Sabrina was watching Steve. He was leaned against a chair, carefully listening but she could tell he was also deep in thought. Thats where Riley got it from. She could listen but at the same time zone out.