Prologue

My name is Hope. Hope Sybraski. My parents named be this because I'm a fighter. I've had Eisenmenger Syndrome since I was born. It's just basically a long fancy name that means I have a hole in my heart. Blood flows into places it shouldn't, and occasionally fills my lungs up with blood. But who could pass up an opportunity to go on tour with 5 Seconds of Summer? I've known the boys since we could walk, so being on the road with them was a no brainer. But my parents would only let me go on tour, if my heart could handle it. Everyone would ask me countless times if I was doing okay. The answer was always the same; I'm fine. But the truth is... I'm not.

I've been in and out of doctors offices for years. Pills have become a daily thing for me. I've been rushed to the emergency room 7 times. I'll be honest, it's been hard. But Calum's helped me through it. I'm close with all the boys, but I'm the closest with Calum. He's my best friend. I fully trust him, and he gives me support when I need it most.

"So.." Calum said. "We have something to tell you."

"Whats up?" I said confused.

"Hope, we've known you a long time." Michael said.

"And we think of you as a sister to us." Ashton added on.

"So while we're touring in the US..." He had a huge smile on his face. I was totally confused as to where this was going. "We were wondering if..."

"Yeah?" I said confused.

" If you would like to join us?" Calum asked with a smile on his face.

"Oh my God, really? Are you being serious right now?" I was in total shock." Yes! Yes, yes, yes!" I said while laughing. "I would love to."

-

"Do you have everything?"

"Dad, you've asked me that four times already."

"Just making sure!"

"You got your Zacksidose?" Asked my mom.

"Yes."

"Do you have your breathing mask, just in case?"

"Yes mom."

"Okay." She sighed. "Do you have Dr. Cole's phone number incase something goes wrong?"

"Yep."

"Hope." My mom said as she looked me in the eyes. "You have to tell me honestly, do you think your heart can handle being on tour for two months?" I sighed, I knew she would ask me this.

"I can do this. I'm ready." I hated lying. If she knew how I really felt, my mom would never let me go on tour. Breathing was hard and my chest always felt heavy. I was tired all the time too. But I wanted to go on the road with the boys more than anything. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I needed this little vacation from all the doctors and hospitals. I just had to get through these next two months.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." My mom said as she hugged me.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Mom. I'll call you every night though."

"Look at you." My Dad said with a smile on his face. "It seems like yesterday, you were learning how to walk. You're all grown up." Tears were forming in his eyes.

"Dad don't cry." I said. "I'll only be gone for two months."

"I know. I know. But it's gonna be an empty house without you here."

"You won't even notice I'm gone."

"Alrighty then." My mom said with a sigh. "Lets get you to the airport!"

-----------------------------------------------------

Hello! So this is a new story. I hope you like it so far! Give me feedback if you want to. Thx for reading!

-Kaitlin xxx