Doubts

Crap. I suddenly remembered my medication sitting on my bathroom counter at home.

"Something wrong, Hope?" Calum asked me.

"Nope. Everything is fine. Just a little freaked out still from the security thing." I said forcing a smile. It was either go home and get my medicine (therefore missing the plane and not going on tour), or just feeling crappy for the next two months (but still going on tour. I needed this little vacation so much, so I decided I would survive without it.

We walked up to a little Subway next to our gate.

"For you miss?" The man asked me.

"Um, I'm fine thank you."

"Hope," Calum said. "Are you sure you don't want anything? Its a long flight."

"Ya I'm fine." I forced another smile. He gave me a we'll-talk-about-this-later look. He knows me so well. But I know if I tell him about how sick I really am, and that I forgot my medication, he'll send me home as soon as he can. The rest of the boys ordered and we went and sat down at our gate. They started talking about all the places that we would have to visit while in the US. I zoned out, worrying about the plane ride.

What if the air pressure makes it hard to breath. What if I pass out. No one is going to be able to help me thousands of feet up in the air. This is a huge risk... Calum snapped me out of my daze. He gave me a worried look.

"Please don't worry about this Hope. I know it's your first time on a plane, but I promise you, it's not that bad." I trusted him, but it still didn't stop me from freaking out.

"Wait, you've never been on a plane before?" Michael asked me.

"No, she's always been too sick to go on one. But now that she's healthier, her lungs can handle it." Calum gave me a reassuring smile. He has no idea that healthier is quite the opposite to describe the state of sickness I'm in right now.

"Right." I said quietly.

"Oh, well it's not that bad, really. We might hit turbulence, but that's it." Michael said. Suddenly a speaker turned on.

"Flight 340 to Los Angeles, California is now boarding."

" That's us guys." Luke said.

"Thank you Captain Obvious." Ashton said. I took a deep breath. We got up and stood in line to get our boarding passes checked. One by one, people were being checked in and we were getting closer and closer to getting on the plane. I was having major anxiety by the time it was our turn to get checked in.

"Hello, how are we doing today?" Said a nice lady with light brown hair.

"We are fantastic!" Michael said with a smile.

"Well that's wonderful!" The lady replied as she scanned our boarding passes. "Well, enjoy your flight!"

We walked through the tunnel that led to the plane. When we found our seats, the boys started to fight over who got to sit by the windows. I managed to slip into one of them while they were busy fighting and Calum sat down next to me. The boys eventually sorted everything out and sat down. A voice came onto the speakers, giving safety instructions and telling us about the flight. I again zoned out with worry as Calum held my hand and gave it as small squeeze. I looked over at him and smiled, although I was extremely scared. As the plane slowly made its way to the runway, I did something I haven't done in years. I prayed.

Um, God, if you're up there, could you please keep us safe. Please take care of my body during the plane ride and these next two months. I'm really worried about everything, and I just really need some hope right about now. Thanks. Amen.