Why now?

"What are you doing here?", I asked him as he sat casually on a couch with his legs crossed eating my Grandma's Lasagna.

"And stop eating my grandma's lasagna! That's mine!", I said with a louder voice.

"I don't remember you being that cranky. And by the way it's a delicious lasagna.", He voiced back as he took another bite from his plate.

"Honey... Just let him have it. I've made plenty of it. And sit down please, it's no way to talk to our guests.", Grandma said as she served him some mint margarita.

She loved it when people complimented her food. Because her food is rarely good enough to be complimented.

"What are you doing here?", I asked him again for the nth time, standing stiff with my hands crossed across my chest.

"What do you have inside you? A cassette? You've already asked me that around a hundred time.", He said eating down the lasagna casually.

"Sweety just sit down and eat.", Grandma ordered yet I stayed stiff with my eyes glued at him.

"I'm going to ask you for the last time... What ARE YOU DOING HERE?", I said emphasising each and every word.

"Can't a father come to see his daughter?", He finally said something besides dodging my question.

I knew he was doing it on purpose and now he just said that to infuriate me.

"A father can.... Only if he loves his daughter or if he would've come here six years ago. Why now?", I told asked him beginning my chain of questions.

"Who says I don't love you? You're my daughter, how can I not love you?", He said casually finishing out the last bite of his lasagna.

His words brought a tinge inside my heart.

Daughter.... That word was a joke for him six years ago when he thought I was capable enough of doing anything.

"What do you want, now?", I asked him shifting the topic before my eyes gave out the hint of sadness.

I stood stiff, masking off my eyes with the anger, channeling out my irritation and annoyance.

"I want you to come back home... We all miss you."

I let out a cold laugh.

"Really? Miss me? Your family is perfect without me. In fact it's complete. I figured it out during the past six years.", I stated trying to hide away the little tears forming at the corner of my eyes.

"You ran away.... You told me you wanted that. How was I supposed to come and get you when, it was you who wanted that? And even if I'd come, had you came back with me?", Now he was talking and arguing. Defending himself.

"Did you or uncle ever tried to reach me out?", I asked a question that disturbed me every day and night for over the past six years.

"We knew where you were. We were able to track you, three months after you left. But we also knew you would never come back home.", He admitted.

I felt a weight being lifted off my chest with his confession. I always felt like he knew where I was, what I was doing and what I was achieving. Yet not even a single time he tried to reach me out.

"What do you want now?", I asked through a heavy voice. On the verge of breaking down.

"I want you to come back home. I need you. Your family needs you.", He announced through a thick tone.

"Why do they need me now? Why now?", My anger was taking over me slowly.

He stayed silent for a moment and I knew that he didn't had any answer.