Chapter 2-First Day of School

After turning off the car radio, I got out of the small car and walked into high school life as a junior. I thought about how it was going to be another year without Everett Emers, and sighed. We have been friends for years and I still haven't told him I like him. He texted me the other day. It turned out he was going to stay in Washington for 2 more years. I longed for him to be here in the cold state of Colorado. 

On the other hand, I had another friend I haven't seen all summer, Jane Preece.

After Everett moved sophomore year, I met her in geometry class. We weren't as close, but we're getting there.  

It was packed in the cafeteria when I arrived. I looked around in the sea of students and spotted Jane next to the vending machines. With her bright electric blue hair, you couldn't miss her. She was talking to a guy. From what I could make out, his back was facing me, he was tall and had dark hair. I began to make my way towards them. Then the bell rang. I watched her wave goodbye to the unknown guy as she noticed me. The guy waved back and walked forward to the nearest door.  

I waited for Jane to catch up with me.

"Hey Linda!" Jane grinned showing a perfect row of white teeth.

"Hey, you got your braces off!"

"I sure did! Man it feels good."

 We turned to walk out of the cafeteria. I nodded my head behind us and asked "Who was that boy just now?"

"Ooh. This really cute guy." She glanced at her watch. "Uh I'll tell you about him later. Gotta run!" She quickly waved and speed walked out the door. 

After a long sidewalk trail later, I arrived at the building.

I found my classroom and walked in with slight excitement. Sure school can be terrible, and stressful, and terrible, but at least there was free socializing.   

There was already a full class there. Low chitter chatter filled the room. The teacher, Mr. Ten, was at his desk looking at his computer. 

I went to the closest seat from the white board and sat down hugging my backpack. This was the perfect seat with no heads in the way. 

I subtly looked to my right and left side. No one sat on the left side, but on the right side there was a girl. She was talking with someone who sat behind her. I was debating whether I should befriend her. 

My eyes felt heavy from the early wake that morning. I decided to just put my head down to take a little nap.

I'll socialize later.

It was going to take some time to get use to waking up at the break of dawn. 

The bell has announced it's start of class. Seconds later after it rang, I heard the door open. I didn't bother to shift my comfortable position to see who it was. Maybe I shouldn't have slept so late last night watching The Office.

 After a few foot steps and a moment of pause, I heard a voice so strangely familiar.

"Hello, Little Linda."

Little, Linda? The hell? I slowly lifted my head to the direction of the voice that came from above. My eyes followed the green stripes of the person's shirt, up to their face. My eyes widened, and my heart felt like it was running a marathon. At that moment I knew, I was wide awake. 

Well that's a wrap. I really like this version than the last one. 

Have a good day and don't be late... idk it kinda ryhmes 

-Myst