Chapter 2

^Kyle^

(Kyle POV)

Today was an off day for me. My wolf Cameron was stirred about something, but he wouldn't tell me what. I'm gonna go for a run before I head to school. It usually makes him feel better when he's out.

I walk outside and set my backpack next to a tree along with my clothes. I sprint into the woods and leap, shifting midair. Cam calmed down a bit. In the middle of my run a very faint scent reaches my snout making Cam stir once again.

What is it Cam?  I ask but I get no reply. Instead he leads me towards the street. I try to pull him back because we can't be seen by driver's in our wolf form.

I stay in he woods but close enough to the road to where I can see. I hear a car coming and immediately take a few steps back. I look at the car that was passing and caught the scent again. And this time Cam spoke.

Mate.

No. Way. I can't believe it. I found my mate! Call me a fan girl, but I'm so excited right now! I dash after the car in the woods and follow it. The car had a decent head start while I was staring at it in disbelief so it was pretty far ahead of me. After awhile of chasing it I had to stop and take a breath. Then it vanishes from my sight.

I lost it....No.... I lost her. My wolf was feeling dejected and enraged for losing his mate so easily. We don't know where she is now and what if she never comes back? I head back to the pack house with head down in shame. I lost my mate. I put my clothes back on, swiped my backpack up, and headed to school.

I went straight to my locker when I got to school not looking anyone in the eyes or talking to anyone. I was beyond mad. I put my backpack in my locker and slammed it shut furiously.

"Woah, what crawled up your ass?" I turn and find Nash sitting there with an amused look.

"Not in the mood Nash." I shoved him and started to walk away when a hand touched my shoulder.

"Dude calm down and tell me what's up. We're best friends I'm sure I can help you out." I sighed and turned around.

"I went for a run this morning and...sortafoundmymate." I mumbled the last part but I knew he heard it.

"No way! That's so exciting, who is she?" I asked.

"I don't know the car passed by on the road and then I lost her." I smacked my fist on the nearest locker.

"A car killed your mate?! That's terri..."

"No you dip sh*t, she was in the car and drove away." His mouth made an O shape.

"Dude I'm sorry I'm just so angry and depressed all at the same time. What if I never see her again? What if something happens to her and Im not there to protect her? What if..." I kept rambling on but he hushed me.

" Its ok Kyle. How about after school we send a search party to scout the area? And since I'm that good of a friend, I will probably be the first person other than you to find her." I couldn't complain. He was being nice by doing this for me.

"Ok and thanks dude it means a lo...lo....lo..." I shifted my eyes over to see the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Her wavy strawberry blonde hair accentuated her perfectly and I drowned in her ocean blue eyes. Her lips were pink and so kissable that it was taking everything in me to not to go over and take her as mine. Her crop top alluringly showed her lightly tanned stomach. She looks so damn sexy and she's all mine.

"...Hey Kyle are you alright?" I hear Nash say but I do not dare to look away from her.

"Mine," I growled. Nash looked at my face then turned to see who I was looking at.

"I found her," Nash exclaimed. I rolled my eyes. Thanks Nash for stating the obvious. My beautiful mate left her friend and walked into a class. At least I know she's close to me. Nash and I look back at each other but something troubles him now.

"What is it?" I demand.

"What if she's heard you're the player?" he reminded me. Oh sh*t he's right. What if she hates me now because of my image as the school's player? I'm not gonna lie I have slept with a lot of girls here but its actually normal. Unmated males get sexually frusterated when they haven't found their mates so they sleep with whoever they find to ease them.

But now that I've found my mate I wanna change and have her be mine. Looking back at all those times I've had sex with stupid sluts makes me feel ashamed for not waiting for my mate.

"You're right, god I'm an idiot!" I smack myself in the face not caring if it hurt.

" Its ok Ky, I have this class with her I'll talk to her for you ok?" Nash is the best at times like this.

"Thanks Nash I owe you one." I headed in the opposite direction from my mate and saw Nash sprint into the same class before the bell rang. Please Nash, don't screw this up.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys you must love me so much for giving you another chapter on the same day!! I know I know I'm awesome but anyways I hope you guys are enjoying it so far. Leave a vote and comment if you do. I love y'all <3