Chapter 9

^Brianna^

(Ryan's POV)

    I run up my stairs and slump on my bed taking my phone out to text Clover. She bombarded me with questions on where I was during lunch. I simply told her that a teacher pulled me aside and wanted to talk. I hate to lie to her but its for the best. She hates Kyle so that makes it a hundred percent NOT ok.

    After that conversation, I got up and started texting while walking by the stairs. As I take my second step, I feel the back of my heel slide against the carpet sending me tumbling down the stairs.

    Crack

    Oh fuck that can't be good. I land with a thud and scan myself to see where I heard the crack. I touch my right foot and howl in pain.

    "OWWWWWWW!" I feel tears start to make its way down my face and i look up to see who's standing next to me.

    "Oh my God Ryan are you ok?!" I hear my little sister Brianna ask.

    "No I broke my foot...ahhhhh... Help me up!" Bri grabs my arm and I get up on one leg hopping to the counter. I prop myself up on top of the counter and scream as my foot hits the back of counter.

    "Ow fuck! Get the first aid kit!" I growl at my sister. Again with the animal sounds. What's wrong with me? Bri grabs the first aid kit and wraps my leg up. When she touches it, it doesn't hurt as much as it did a second ago… that’s odd..

    "There Ryan its all done." Brianna helps me off the counter and onto the couch.

    "Thanks Bri and sorry for screaming so much." She smiles and skips back in her room. I turn the Tv on and put on Fairly Odd Parents. After a couple minutes of watching the show, the doorbell rings. Ugh! Are you fucking kidding me?

    "Bri! Get the door!" My sis sprints to the door and opens it up wide. Before she gets the chance to see who it is, the person rushes past her.

    "Ryan are you ok? I felt your pain!"  I hear a familiar werewolf ask. I stand up and walk towards Kyle.

    "Yes Kyle I'm fine I just broke my foot and what do you mean you felt my pain?" He looks at me like I'm crazy.

    "Um... Ryan you're standing."

    "Yeah and...?"

    "You just said you broke your foot. Clearly you did not," He argues gesturing to my feet.

    "Yes I did! See I can't mov..." I look down and notice I'm standing up on a supposedly "broken foot".

    "But what? How is this possible I just broke it like less than 5 minutes ago! Tell him Bri!" I look at my sister for help. She nods and runs into her room creeped out.

    I take a slow step on my right foot and feel no pain. I start walking to Kyle like I'm a toddler taking baby steps.

    "I swear Kyle it was broken I heard it snap and felt it. No way in hell I healed this fast!" Kyle picks me up bridal style and walks out my house. Electricity runs through my body giving me goose bumps. Oh no, Mom and Dad are gonna kill me for leaving Bri alone.

    "Where are we going?" I asked.

    "To the pack doctor maybe he'll know what’s wrong with you," he simply said.

    "No I'm fine put me down Kyle I need to go back to Bri," I whine like a kid and pound on his chest.

    "No can do princess," he smirks. We head into a forest and he continues to hold me like my foot is still broken. I squirm in arms but then give up because I know I'm not gonna win.