44: Stealth Shopping and Walking Away

(Irresistible Ch. 44: Yellow Jumpers and Flashing Lights).

"Ok so here's the thing. I need to try and shop for that girl over there without her noticing," I nudge my head over in Mia's direction, where she's trying to quietly speak on the phone.

Mia looks a little tense, her fingers are playing with the ends of her hair and her lips are set in a pouty frown whenever she's not frantically speaking into the phone.

It's must be Monica. She's the only one Mia calls when her feelings are getting the better of her. Right now I'm guessing it's because of where we are. I was the same way in the beginning.

I was just a normal kid from Holmes Chapel, I was never supposed to be shopping in places like Gucci and yet, six years later, here I am and dare I say it's a normal part of my life now.

That makes me sound like a prick doesn't it.

This may be so but I can spoil the people I love and I work damn hard to do so, so I'm going to get them the best.

So I dragged Mia here this evening and in hindsight, it probably wasn't the best idea. Afterall she is one of the people I'm shopping so this wasn't one of my brightest plans but I didn't want to leave her behind.

During our days here, we haven't been able to spend a lot of time together because I had odd meeting or conference call, not to mention the obvious reason. And each time I watched her go, it's just about killed me.

But, Mia wants to see the city, enjoy what London has to offer and I can't adequately give her that as pitiful as that sounds so I've had to let her venture out on her own.

I love what I do but not being able to take my girl sightseeing like a normal boyfriend, is one of the rare disappointments of my chosen career path.

And believe me, if I thought a disguise would work I'd wear one. But I've tried that in the past and every single bloomin' time someone manages to figures it out.

I went out with Grimmy one time to this festival in the park, wore a full body anatomical onesie and they still figured out it was me. And yes it was fairly odd because no one else was wearing a screwy get up and thus an obvious idea and I probably shouldn't have kept uncovering my head but I was steaming in that thing. I needed some fresh air.

"Understood sir, is there anything you had in mind?"

"Maybe if we bring out a bunch of stuff, men, and woman, she won't catch on... If it's not too much trouble, I'm also shopping for a few other people." I feel kind of silly making such a request but not nearly as odd as it was in the early years. This kind of treatment/experience is one of the weird realities of doing what I get to do. "Oh, and can I see those leather open back slippers, please?"

"No problem at all," and the man leaves and I turn back around to go to Mia when another woman comes over.

"Mr. Styles, they said you're here to pick up your tour suits."

"Oh yes, I nearly forgot," I say as people start setting out things for me to look at. "Ya, I'm taking those too."

I don't have time to speak to Mia before I get to work. I wish she was part of this decision, I want her to be a part of everything I do, as sappy as that sounds, but I won't have my Mia picking out her own Christmas gift.

She might have to though if she hates what you get her, Styles.

So Mia's shy tendencies are working in my favor tonight and hopefully, I can find something for her in this collection of stuff.

Finding a time to pick up the other gift I have for her is another issue. Maybe I'll need to get Paul or Hunter to get it.

How ridiculous is that? I can't even pick up my girlfriends Christmas gift on my own in case someone spots me.