Bookshop - Chapter 14

March 2013

Harry's pov:

Tonight was the night. I had told Melody what time I would be picking her up but not where we were going. I didn't really have anything big and surprising planned. I didn't even know what was happening myself. I was never very good a romantic gestures and definitely not planning dates.

But basically i was thinking of just a dinner at a non expensive place but still good and possibly maybe a walk afterwards so we can talk. I hate the word date but I can't think of any other word for it so first dates aren't meant to be that romantic right?

I don't know where this will lead to and if I'm honest I don't know why I asked her, but I did. It was a spontaneous thing that I've thought about but never actually had the courage to ask. But before I could even process what I was saying the words were already out and to be honest, I'm glad. Not once have I ever asked a girl out on a date and not once have I ever even been on a date.

I had no idea how tonight was going to unfold. Will we kiss or will be just hug or will we even just wave and walk away? Will she have fun? Will we go on another? I had no clue and I was both nervous and excited to find out exactly how it was going to work out.

*****

I was currently driving off to Melody's house and shitting myself. All day I had been worrying about what was going to happen and didn't have a minute to think about what time I should start getting ready and leave at. So obviously me being a complete and utter idiot I was late. Not like hours later but late. All I could worry about now was if she was still willing to go. For all I know she could have changed into her pajamas and got cosy thinking I wasn't showing up. But I am.

I pulled up in front of Melody's house and the nerves hit me full force. They were ten times worse than the worrying I had done at home and in the car. I hesitantly got out of the car and took a deep breath. I walked towards the door, pausing for a second, and knocking quickly and quietly. I shuffled from one foot to the other. If this is what dates felt like before then I was right to avoid them.

Right when I was about to turn away and head back home the door opened. Melody was stood in front of me and my eyes went wide. She wasn't wearing anything extravagant but man did she look good. She was wearing a black skirt and a white crop top which showed off her flat stomach. My eyes trailed from her face and all the way down to her amazing legs and back up again. She looked beautiful and I really didn't know what to say or if I could say anything at all. I stood for I don't even know how long admiring her and I couldn't help it. I really couldn't. I'm sure my mouth was open and my eyes were wider than ever but it was hard to hide. She was staring at the ground and biting her lip while standing awkwardly. I swear in that moment with me shocked into silence and Melody looking so hot but pretty but cute and biting her lip I wanted to kiss her.

"Are you ready to go?" Melody asked and I finally came back to reality. I still had no clue how to form a coherent word to say so I just nodded. She stepped outside and her hair blew away from her face by the wind and I looked away. She was to pretty to stare at.

"Bye mum!" Melody shouted. She closed the door and moved her way towards my car.

"Are you coming?" She questioned. My head snapped towards her and I realised I had been standing in the spot. I followed her and just when she was about to open the door, I opened it for her. She gave me a thankful smile and climbed inside the passenger side. I have no clue why I just done that. I jumped into the drivers side and once we were ready I drove in the direction of our destination.

"Where are you taking me?" She spoke, as soon as the car had got into gear.

"Somewhere" I bluntly responded. I could've told her but somehow that spontaneous thing had taken over yet again and I wanted it to be a surprise. Then I noticed that was the first thing I've said to her. I noticed a smile creep onto her face but it was obvious she was trying to disguise it into something of a yawn. I'm not quite sure.