Bookshop - Chapter 23

April 2013:

Harry's Pov:

MELODY AND I ARE TOGETHER LIKE ACTUALLY TOGETHER. BOYFRIEND AND GIRLFRIEND.

This is fucking crazy.

I'm currently sitting in my car a street away from hers, so I didn't look creepy staying outside her house. I haven't made any attempt to move or do anything productive.

I actually felt as if my mind was swirling around and I was having trouble focusing on only one thought.

Melody. Us. Relationship. Happy. Scared.

Scared, so scared was how I felt at the moment. I already feel like I'm in too deep with Melody in such a short amount of time, of course I'm going to be worried about what's to come. I don't want to develop extreme feelings for her so soon when she isn't quite ready. Like what if she wasn't even ready for a relationship with me but didn't want to hurt my feelings or something? That's a possibility. Maybe I'm blinded by my feelings for her and not even paying attention to her own.

I worry too much.

I rested my head on the steering wheel and sighed. Maybe I just need sleep. Maybe after a night of no thoughts I'll wake up feeling refreshed and less worried.

I eventually made a move to leave. I turned on the radio to a random station and drove.

I ended up just stopping again five minutes later, not really in the mood to drive.

Text message: Niall

I quickly unlocked my phone and opened the message. I hadn't seen Niall since that party when he had to leave to Ireland and I'd only texted him a few times, asking if things were okay.

Hey man, I'm back from Ireland. How about a few drinks? :)

I was so glad he was back. What I needed right now was a chat with a friend. He might even be good with advice.

Sure. Same place?

Yeh I'm just on my way see you soon

I pushed my phone back into my back pocket and drove off.

~

"It seems like ages since I last seen you mate" I said, hugging Niall.

"I know man" he replied. We both sat down, across from each other, at a high table in one of the best bars in London.

"So how was Ireland?" I asked.

"Well my brothers fiancé just had a baby boy, Theo. He's the cutest thing" he said, while pulling out his phone.

He scrolled through numerous photos, ones of him and Theo, or Theo and Greg and a lot of the baby alone. He looked lovely.

"Looks so much like his parents" I said. I could briefly remember what Denise looked like. Niall's face lit up talking about his nephew, it was amusing.

"Yeah. I really wish I could stay longer but London needs me" he said sadly.

"Don't worry man, one day we can go through and spend a month with them" I said.

"Thanks" he smiled."So anything I missed?"

"Well, I have a girlfriend" I told him. Niall chocked on his drink in surprise and looked at me with wide eyes.