nice to meet you

WAVERLY'S POV

as i awoke with the sounds of wynonna stumbling through the house, i knew that once again this day would be just like the rest; hell. id spend once again another day being known as the brains or even worse wynonna's sidekick. don't get me wrong being the brains of our black badge missions was great, but they kept telling me ' i wasn't ready to be out in the field yet'. it was the same everyday. while wynonna got to be fighting revenants and sending them back to hell with dolls and doc, i was stuck behind an earpiece.

i had given up on thinking, maybe today they'll let me in the field. it wasn't going to happen, i was sure of that. i put my slippers on my feet and headed in the direction of the either drunk or hungover wynonna. as i opened my bedroom door, expecting wynonna to be on the other side, i wasn't mistaken. but there was someone else. i closed my door immediately hoping neither of them noticed me. i could be mistaken but i imagine that the other person in the hall was just one of wynonna's drunk one night stands who didnt want to leave. i could of left them be but me being the nosy person i was couldn't help but eavesdrop.

"i'm sorry, i should of introduced myself. i'm deputy haught."

"wynonna earp. well now that the introductions are out of the way. what are you doing in my house"

"ah yes, we had some calls about strange noises coming from this house and that people were concerned so i came down to check it out. and as the door was wide open i was worried that something had happened."

"you're new aren't you?"

"why yes, how did you know?"

"well you may have noticed, we don't have any neighbours, so no one could have called about 'noises'. it was probably just young kids prank calling you."

"why would they do that?"

"because, this my friend. is none as 'the haunted house' of purgatory."

"may i ask why?"

"that is a story for another day, nicole was it?"

"okay...and the door?"

"oh, i probably just forgot to close it last night. i was pretty drunk."

"okay, be careful you never know what could happen."

"ill keep that in mind."

"ill see you around, wynonna."

"see you."

as i heard the footsteps of 'nicole' fade away as she leaves the house, i tiptoe to my window careful not to make any noise that would indicate 'hey guys i've just been listening to all of your conversation'. i watch as she leaves and gets into her cruiser and can't help but admire the mysterious ginger-haired deputy as she leaves the homestead. maybe today won't be that bad.

"mhm. does wavily have the haughts for deputy haught?"

wynonna's voice brings me out of my daze, and i take a few moments to recompose myself after wynonna startled me.

"haha. funny" i say with sarcasm dripping from my words.

"I'm just saying. i mean, i wouldn't blame you. she's a good sight to see go."

"and you say i'm the one head over heels. what was she doing here anyway?" i say quickly, trying not to make it obvious that i was listening in on their conversation.

"cut the crap, i know you were listening. you may want to work on your stealthiness, otherwise we'll never let you into the field." 

there it is again, she says it jokily but it feels as if she's punctured my happy cloud.

"yeah..." i say with a pained expression.

"don't worry, you'll get your day." sure.

as i began closing shorty's down i received a text from wynonna - sorry baby girl, me and dolls are going to go check out some revenant activity downtown so i won't be able to drive you home. if your willing to wait an hour ill be able to take you. love you. - considering i haven't got anything better to do i thought, might as well wait for wynonna. to pass the time i started cleaning glasses, as i got to the last glass i checked the time 10:30. i still have half an hour still wynonna picks me up, if she remembers or better yet, if she's still sober.

suddenly i heard the swing of the doors, in hope of it being wynonna i spun around, only to be faced with a middle aged man, with a dodgy haircut.

"sorry we are closed."

"i'm sure you'll stay open for us sweetheart." as soon as he finished his sentence two men almost identical to his appearance entered.

"please i don't want any trouble. just leave."

"and why oh why would we do that?" said the man standing behind the first guy. they began to approach me. this hadn't been the first time i've had to deal with drunk men, but for some reason this time it scared me.

i then remembered the silent alarm gus had recently installed, after constantly hearing about incidents i had to face at night. i quickly scanned round trying to find out where exactly it had been put in. aha. as i located exactly where i had to get to for some element of soon safety, i once again realised the issue of reaching it before the men noticed what i was doing.

"what you looking at dear?" another one asked.

"i just want to put this glass away, okay? i won't do anything."

they exchanged a quick glance before nodding.

"okay. thank you." as i slowly walked towards the cabinet, i 'accidentally' dropped the glass. before they noticed anything, i hit the button. hopefully someone will come.

"i am so sorry, I'm such a cluts."

"get up!" a man raised.

i slowly stood up, fear seaping through my no longer confident exterior.

"come out from behind the bar." one of them instructed. i hesitated at first, quickly glancing at the door, hoping my knight in shining amour would burst in and rescue me. but no one came.

"hurry up!" they shouted, begininng to get impatient.

i slowly made my way around the bar, and immediately felt my lack of protection as vulnerability crept upon me. they began to circle me as i felt as prey, being eyed by its predators.

"stop. put your hands where i can see them."

my knight in shining armour was no other than deputy haught. still in shock from the events that had just occurred i vaguely watched as the three men were escorted out of the bar and into the custody of a police officer who must of been with nicole.

as i somewhat regained the ability to think, i noticed deputy haught heading my direction.

"hey. are you alright?"

"thanks to you."

"your wynonnas little sister, right?" thats all everyone sees me as. wynonnas little sister.

"yeah."

"sorry i assume you don't being called that. whats your name?" that brought a small smile to my face.

"waverly."

"nice to meet you waverly."

this chapter is like a spin-off as to how wavily and nicole met.