Chapter Four

FROM PRINCESS TO QUEEN
CHAPTER FOUR

August  1516
3rd

                                    ______

All of the guests that were rescued were escorted to lovely inns, suitable for nobleman and women.

The maids stood with me and the kings guard...

Kings guard...

There is no king.

I regained my composure and rode with the soldiers back to the castle after we were informed that the invaders were defeated by my troops and my alliances troops.

Apparently, the King of Lamaran made a hasty and impulsive decision to invade La'Mire, a prospering kingdom with many alliances and countless soldiers.

His alliance with the King of Takan proved weak and the king, wisely, chose to not send his troops as he was in good relationship with the king and queen. He also needed the trade route through La'Mire so that his kingdom could prosper.

However, the King of Takan shall be questioned as to his negligence on informing our royal guard.

Those matters aside, I am currently standing in the ruins of what was once my beautiful home.

I carefully stepped over debris and bodies as I tried identifying everyone.

The guards insisted that they do this themselves, but I assumed that they thought a girl couldn't handle this, so I insisted.

I've already identified a duke and duchess, as well as a captain of a nearby kingdoms guard, as well as a prince and princess. The rest were barons, ministers, and noble-folk.

I cursed under my breath at that foolish King of Lamaran, had he no thought of the numerous wars he would be starting?

That kingdom is going to fall.

Yes, yes it is.

And I will be the one who conquers it.

I smirked as I felt victorious already, standing over his body with my sword deep in his chest, the sword that bears my flag and my colors.

Finally, I found Lira.

"Oh you poor thing." I murmured, I leaned down to move her hair out of her face.

I quickly realized the smell was far too retched for me to get any closer.

It finally occurred to me what this horrible smell in the air was.

Death.

"I will avenge you Lira, and I will avenge my people." I said the last part through gritted teeth as I glared through my lashes at the tattered banners of Lamaran.

A dove. Seemingly so innocent, and unthreatening.

How vile him and his soldiers really are.

I stood up and the soldiers lifted her up, and took her body to the temporary casket we brought.

Because of Lira, almost all of my handmaidens live still. I brought a few of them with me, due to their begging.

I don't think they realized what they were going to see when they came back.

They wept and held one another as they watched my soldiers take Lira's body.

Anger overwhelmed me as I studied the ball room further.

Blood scattered the floors and walls, as well as broken utensils and my kingdoms ripped banners.

What I was looking at, was a brutal massacre.