Chapter 6

Peggy woke up and groaned.
"E-everything h-hurts."
"I know it does. Just stay awake- stay alive." Eliza stroked her sister's hair, brushing some out of her face.
"I'm hot and cold and dizzy and, and... why are there five o-of everything?" Peggy went into another coughing fit.
Peggy spoke more nonsense, looking around frantically in fear. John used his sleeve to wipe some sweat from her forehead. She was sweating profusely yet she was shivering and freezing to the touch.
"Please stay alive" John whispered, holding her face.
"How much time does she have left André?" Alex growled.
"Eh. I don't feel like telling you." Eliza snapped her head around.
"Herc, drop him" she ordered. Herc let André fall to the ground. Eliza walked over to him, tears streaming down her face and furious, and picked him up by the collar.
"Look, that is MY little sister and I love her more than anything in the world. Tell me how much fucking time she has left before I shove my foot up your ass."
"5 minutes ma'am" André replied fearfully. Eliza threw him back on the ground and went back to John and Peggy. Those were the shortest minutes of their lives.

Eliza quickly climbed into the ambulance after they loaded Peggy inside. John was about to join when one nurse stopped him.
"Only one person" she said. They closed the doors and drove away. John turned back to André and pushed him against the wall, punching him repeatedly. A police officer pulled John away from him, John struggling in his grip.
"Let me at him! Let me go!" John yelled, demanded even.
"Sir, stop before we arrested you too." John stopped, breathing heavily.
"Cmon John, let's go" Alex said. The police officer let go of John and helped escort André into the car, driving away. John collapsed to the ground, hot tears streaming down his face.