Chapter 25 // settled

Sunday

"So how'd it go?" Chantel says sitting in the chair in front of me.

"Horrible."

Erika's words repeat on my head. I got no sleep last night and my decision of pressing charges on Jake are final. All I need is the help and support of my bestfriend.

"What went on?"

I go on and tell her the whole story of what happened yesterday leaving out no details.

Backstabbed is all I'll ever feel in my life. I feel embarrassed telling my bestfriend about how I was treated even though it was something I couldn't even control.

"What a bitch, I'm going to go over there an-"

"No Chantel, it's fine. We don't need to be wasting our time on them... not anymore." I say in voice that was almost as quiet as a whisper.

"Okay so you are pressing charges right? If not I'll be fucking pissed Dri."

"Ye-Yes I am, that's also another reason I wanted to meet up. I don't know how to settle all this and I don't know absolute shit about court or anything like that."

"I'm here to help bestfriend. Lemme give my mom a call and I'll let you know... actually just let me settle everything for you, stop stressing about this. I've got it."

I almost forgot her mom is a lawyer. That's why Chantel knew so much about things like this.

"Oh my god I seriously can't thank you enough."

"It's no big deal really. Plus you know how much I love dealing with shit like this." She nudges my shoulder while playfully laughing.

God what would I do without her.

"Maybe we should reschedule breakfast with Alissa, I feel bad."

"Yes, you make plans for that while I make a little meeting with my mom."

I get out my phone and look up some good breakfast locations and text the address to the group chat. I actually miss all the girls but I owe this just to Alissa. Maybe we should all meet up again.

"Hey, what day and time should we go?" I ask not looking up from my phone.

"I'm not sure... well tomorrow I'll probably meet up with my mom and Tuesday I have to run errands while Grayson helps Ethan move; So maybe Wednesday, I guess? It don't matter the time to me."

Oh shoot, I completely forgot Ethan is moving onto a new house in two days.

"Sounds good." I say while running my fingers over the keyboard of my phone, typing in the rest of the information. "What are the twins up to anyways? since you left them lonely."

"Oh probably editing, or filming. One of the two since the have to upload on Tuesday."

"Oh yeah I have no idea why I keep forgetting all these little details." I let out a small laugh.

"Yeah but it's a good thing you got me out of that rathole, I love Grayson to death but I can't fucking stand him sometimes when he's with Ethan. They are both equally annoying as fuck, let alone together." She laughs.

"Can't relate, and hopefully I never will. Noted now to not be in the same room with both the twins." I smile.

"Okay well my mom has everything under control and we'll talk tomorrow. Just call me if you need anything."

"I will." I say and we both get up and start walking to our cars together.

"Bye Audrey, I'll give you all the details on Wednesday if we don't talk before then."

"Okay, see you later."

We both go into our cars and start our engines together. Back out of our parking and when we leave the driving way she goes right while I go left.

I think for the rest of the day I'll just stay in my hotel and relax.

A/n:

Sorry for the short chapter, this is just a filler before the good stuff starts to happen...

All I have to say is get readyyyyy!