Chapter 25

Hello beautiful readers! I hope you had a great weekend :) I have a lot of stuff to do and seriously, I'm in desperate need of vacations :(

Anyway... Here's chapter number 25! I really hope you enjoy it and please comment, vote and share this story with your friends! It means the wold to me <3

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

Enjoy! <3

Chapter 25

The days before new years went by smoothly. Scott and Emily managed to finish season 1 of Stranger Things. Matthew and Kim joined them a few times on their 'movie nights' and Jacob and Luke were kind of speaking to each other once again. It wasn't perfect, but at least now Emily knew that Luke was, in fact, talking to his brother about what happened. Or that's what Jacob had mentioned, at least. This made her happy. Now she was sure Luke wasn't completely alone.

And now that another year had gone by, Emily decided to take a small walk and think about everything she went through. So much had happened in the last few months, and she loved to reflect about her life and make a plan to have a better year.

Emily grabbed her grey cardigan, put on her black ballet flats and fixed the hem of her light blue a-line dress before walking out of the house. But before she could lock the door, a hand appeared out of nowhere and stopped her from closing it completely.

"Wait! Mind if I join you?" Scott's sweet voice asked from the other side, pushing the door softly so he could meet Emily's chocolate eyes.

She didn't really mind his company. She had grown used to his presence, and she enjoyed it more and more each day.

"Not at all" She said, smiling and moving out of the way so Scott could walk through the door.

They walked in silence for a while. Emily looked around and breathed the fresh air, enjoying being far away from the city every once in a while. Scott, on the other hand, being the chatterbox that he usually was, felt a little uncomfortable. It's not like he felt weird around Emily. He actually loved spending time with her, but he couldn't stand the silence.

So, as always, he opened his mouth and said the first thing that came to his mind.

"So, how are you doing?" He asked, always feeling a little tongue-tied whenever Emily was around.

Emily threw him a funny look and the tip of her lips curved into a small smile. Scott was never really embarrassed, but something about her made him self-conscious. He started being disturbingly aware of his tongue.

"I'm good. Nothing has really happened since we finished Stranger Things last night" She said, giggling when she saw his grey eyes pleading for an answer "You?" She asked, not wanting to be rude.

"Same" Scott shrugged his shoulders and they kept on walking until a park appeared in their view.

A beautiful sign that read 'Songbird Gardern' led them into the beautiful scenery. There was a water fountain with statues of different birds lying around. Some of them splashed water into the surface, creating a beautiful, relaxing noise that made both of them feel at ease. There were flowers and trees everywhere, and Scott remembered all those times he went to that park with his friends to practice football and hang out. He felt very nostalgic all of the sudden, and he wondered how his high school buddies were doing.

He made a mental note to text them soon.

They quietly walked over to a bench and sat down, looking around nature and admiring its beauty. Nobody was around, since it was New Years and everybody was probably hanging around with their family or friends.