FIRST I LOVE YOU (Jace)

First I love you

Jace:

You were standing alone, just after your mission, no one paying any attention because they were feasting and drinking.

So was Jace.

Though without your knowledge he always kept one eye on you, and the other on his friends. They were laughing and making jokes, but he didn't care, he wasn't paying attention.

He stood up, letting his glass stand alone on the table, abandoned and cold. Without the realisation that his friends were asking what he was doing, he walked towards you, his golden orbs fixed on their lover.

You saw him coming. Of course you did. And you could see the concern in his face. He was afraid something had happened, but that really wasn't the case. sometimes, no one talked to you, and you didn't feel like seeking attention.

"Why are you all alone?" He asked you, his voice calm, though pushing you to join him and his friends in their laughter and joy.

He didn't like it when you were calm, or alone. So that's why he came to you, because he always said, you'll never be alone as long as I'm here.

And he took those words very literal, if he was on a mission, he'd send Alec to amuse you for the day, or Isabel or perhaps Magnus with his magic.

He made sure you were never, ever, completely alone.

"I'm not alone. You're here, stupid," you teased.

He gave you a smile, while he awaited your sarcasm to reach its full potential. He knew better ham anyone how dry and cool you could be, sometimes.

"I'm not stupid, I'm breathtakingly beautiful," he joked as he made a swirl. He ran his hand through his blond hair and winked at you the way he did when he had his I'm-so-funny-look-at-me-being-funny-and-cute mood.

"You know you're not supposed to lie, Jace."

You smirked.

He looked "Fake" shocked as he gasped.

"Ouch. My feelings."

"Oh shut up. You have so little feelings it would be impossible to hurt them." You teased again.

"I have quit a lot of feelings," he dared, his golden eyes lighting up. He came closer to you, almost so close you could feel his breath and body warmth radiate from him like poison filling your veins.

"Show me. I don't believe you." You dared back.

"I love you," he breathed into your ear. You felt a shiver run over your spine as he said those words. It was his first time saying that. Those magical words.

It made you feel lightheaded, as though butterflies were flying through your stomach, never being able to get out, but not wanting to all the same.

"You know what?" You smirked.

"What?"

"I love you too."