Chapter Fifteen

Jasper

     "Hunter, are you serious?"

     "Not currently...I do want to marry you when we finish college or something..."

     "So, you-"

     "Jazz, I love you. I want to marry you now, but I'm not going to ask you because we have time and I believe that we're going to last...but if I proposed five, six years from now...what would you say?"

     I go quiet as I think. "If I finished college and we got jobs...I would say yes..." I mumble as my cheeks turn pink.

     He turns on the light and pulls me onto his lap. "That makes me happy." He kisses me all over my face and nuzzles into my neck. "I hope one day it works out..."

     "I'm sure it will." I hug him and sigh as we stay like that until we get tired enough to go back to sleep.

     I wake up to see Hunter asleep, his face expression cute. I kiss his forehead and go downstairs to see breakfast set up. I nod to Dylan and sit down as I start eating.

     "Where's your lover boy?"

     "Sleeping." I mumble as I take another bite. "I'll bring something up to him, thanks for waking me up last night."

     "You're welcome. I talked to mom and dad and they're okay with him being here for a bit longer."

     "Thanks again." I get Hunter and I's plates and head upstairs. I see him still sleeping and set the food down before crawling next to him. "Babe, wake up." I kiss his eyelids and they flutter open then shut again. "Hunter, c'mon..." I touch his cheek.

     He puts and arm around me and opens his eyes once more. "Good morning..."

     "Good morning." I kiss him lightly before kissing his nose. "Breakfast."

     He makes and incoherent sound and burrows into the coverage of the pillow and pulls me closer. "I'm tired..."

     "I know."

     "I'm tired..." He closes his eyes.

     "Hunter-"

     "I'm...tired..."

     "Wake up." I mess up his hair and pat his cheek.

     "No."

     I whine and he grins at that before, once again, opening his eyes. 

     "You're too adorable, stop."

     "Then stop being lazy and eat."

     He sits up and I hand him his food before eating. "Thank you." He kisses my head.

     I nod and finish eating.

     "I won't move here if you don't want me to..."

     "Hunter, I just don't think it's a good idea."

     He looks up at me.

     "The space will give us time apart and that might be better than clinging to each other."

     He sadly nods. "I know you're right, but damn...that hurts..."

     "If you know I'm right then you must know that I care about you. You know I need space, Hunter."

     He nods again.

     "I'll visit, okay?"

     "Do you know why I said I'd move here?"

     I shake my head.

     "I graduated early..."

     I stare at him. "Why didn't you tell me!?" I hug him. "I would've flown down there for you!"

     He holds me. "I lied because I didn't want you to think I was a smart ass or that I was stalking you or something."

     "You're smart. That's all I know from that. And that you work hard." I sit on his lap and he continues to hold me.

     He smiles. "Yeah...I just wish I wasn't a coward."

     "You're not a coward...you helped me a lot." I smile at him. "And I love you for that."