iv

gemma —

gemma

"human sacrifice?!" ethan questions with such worry to mix with his voice. it makes me grin at anastasia's false words. it was meant to fill the mundane with terror and it worked when his facial features read the emotions of trepidation. i begin to chuckle from the way it so easily effected him. "it's not me, right?" he frantically asks and i shake my head in the process.

"no, ethan. when she says human sacrifice, it's not necessarily death with a mundane. this is mostly sacrifice but it's something we need you to do and i'm pretty sure i know exactly what it is." i say with a smirk evident on my face. he stares with such muddled features.

"and what is that?"

"we need you to willingly apologize to eden church and turn yourself in. get it out of her why she needs you so badly and maybe it will help us figure out why her mom needed you too." ethan scoffs from the way anastasia cuts in and so easily says her proposition.

"and how well do you think that will turn out before she gets her minions to rip my head off or even suck every drop of blood in me?" he says a little louder becoming frustrated with our actions and urges to tell him what to do.

"she wouldn't do that because she needs you. but you said it yourself. you easily got away the first time, you can do it a second time. plus we are going to be by your side." i explain and go near the man who sits. however he pulls away and now stands. he begins to pace the room and i watch him when he does.

"she is 243 years old, gemma!" he shouts and i laugh.

"and i am the strongest witch in this room. do not underestimate the power of this coven." i state and finally get closer to where ethan stops. i am able to put my hands on his shoulders. he gazes at me and although he does not show it, i feel the worry that is caught onto his skin. "i will not let them hurt you." i say truthfully and almost unaware of everyone else in the room.

yet it is what he does next and adds to my words that surprises me. "okay." he pauses and nods effortlessly. "i'll do it."

+

the plan was much more complicated then we made it out to be. we knew the territory of vampires being especially off limits however at this moment we were oblivious to those rules as we needed to get the information we desired.

the other side of the motel was not a place that was welcoming of the magis. it consisted mostly of vampires and banshees which for some odd reason, they disliked us greatly. yet that only made this task even more daring.

however the steps were to get ethan on the other side with a protection spell made on him. whatever attempted to hurt him would have the pain be a little more dealt with. i would be the one to take him to eden — this is due mostly to her liking of me — then have the rest of the coven begin the chants of a new spell.