8- Gone

(No POV)

She didn't show up the next day at school. Or the following.

In fact she never showed up.

It wasn't until a letter came that he heard from her.

"David. Im sorry I've been gone for so long. This is a letter of sorrow and a letter of love. " He kept reading, scared. "I'm sorry David. I love you. I really do."

"Northern downpour sends its love."

He was tearing up but the last line with the dot of blood next to it set him free.

He ran to the door and flung it open to see a small girl lying in front of him. He fell to his knees and felt for a pulse.

When he found one he took her in and set her down on his couch. He put a blanket over her and a pillow under her head. He kissed her cheek and got a pen and paper and wrote something for her for when she awoke.

When she woke up she was in house she didn't remember. She quietly sat up and rubbed her eyes.

Then she saw the note waiting for her.

"There is no beauty without strangeness baby. Come here and give me a hug. love david"

She ran into what she remembered as his room and laid down next to him, quickly kissing his lips.

"Morning Liza." He replied.

This book is coming to an end! The next chapter is the epilogue!

-KK