2.05: Gone

Jimin's wrists were bound tightly behind his back as two heavy, armored hands forced him to kneel. A third hand was holding the back of his head up so he stared directly at the throne before him.

The throne was cut out of obsidian and blood-flecked, thin links of gold were carefully draped across it. It was already intimidating, but the person sitting cross-legged on it radiated fear and power.

Jimin had never seen anyone like him. His deteriorating face must've been beautiful once, but it was now the remains of slightly tanned, smooth skin shriveling up into pieces of ash. It was as if the person was burning up from the inside.

The person's eyes bore deep into Jimin's skull like two burning coals. Though his irises were darker than the obsidian behind them, they burned with a fierce intensity that made Jimin quiver where he kneeled.

He hadn't said a single word since Jimin was dragged in front of him; his fiery gaze remained unwavering. The wall behind him was smooth and black liquid trickled down slowly. The ceiling was held up with what seemed like thousands of detailed marble columns. The columns continued multiplying until Jimin couldn't see anything past them. The room was unbelievably cold. He could barely feel his arms anymore, and every time he exhaled, it looked like he was breathing out smoke. It was so quiet he could hear every soft breath he took.

The thunderous boom of giant doors opening behind him made him jump and yelp in surprise. The armored hands' grip remained firmly locked on his shoulders, holding pushing him down. Footsteps rang clearly throughout the throne room, a loud shock to his ears. He could hear the footsteps them growing closer and closer, until he could make out who they belonged to.

It was a black-winged figure wearing red silk and black cloth. His ebony colored hair was parted to the left side of his face. A stare colder than the throne room was focused on the wall behind the throne. His skin was smooth and porcelain white, a stark contrast from his dark hair and smoldering eyes.

As he continued to stride forward, Jimin had a clear view of his massive wings. They were folded, but undoubtedly strong enough to fly. The figure's shoulders were broad and his muscles were extremely defined under his clothing. The classy shoes he wore continued to make the same, almost clicking noise as he made his way towards the throne.

He bowed low in front of the person perched on the throne. Jimin could hear the guards next to him do the same, their armor making a loud, synchronized thunk.

"Rise, Jungkook," the person on the throne said in a deep and echoey voice.

The winged figure rose.

"So you have taken him from above?" His voice rumbled.

"Yes sir," Jungkook replied in a tone that shocked Jimin. He sounded different--more cold and detached. "I have covered it up already."

"And the other one?"

"He will remain the only one who remembers, sir," Jungkook answered. "The others have already forgotten."

"Very good," he almost seemed to nod his head in approval. "Fetch the other one."

"But--" Jungkook protested, his wings drooping slightly.

"Bring back the other one, Jungkook," his voice hardened. "Now."

"Y-yes sir," Jungkook bowed his head as his wings extended.

"You serve me now and not a single one of your human desires," he crossed his shadowy legs. "You should be grateful that I freed you."

"Yes, my lord," Jungkook lowered himself to one knee. "I'm sorry for doubting you."

"I expect you to be back in a few days," he said. "Now, go."

"Jungkook, wait--!" Jimin had found his voice, but Jungkook had already taken off into the void above with one powerful beat of his wings.

"Don't worry, Jimin," the demon's eyes gleamed. "You'll join him soon."

~~~~~

A/N:

Hello everyone!

So sorry for this shorter chapter, I had a fever all of this weekend and couldn't work on it much :(

...but I mean, at least we got a sPICY description of Jungkook. Next chapter will definitely be longer, and hopefully explain what the heck happened in this one!

Love you all,

❤️Josephine T.💚