Chapter Seven

I wake up in my bed to the smell of bacon cooking. I see that I have the same clothes on as last night and I chuckle at myself. I must have fallen asleep in Tristan's truck because I don't remember coming home. I look for Tristan and don't find him in my room so I only assume that he's in the kitchen. I sniff again and smell smoke as my fire alarm goes off. I shake my head, smiling and get up.

"T?" I ask sleepily. "How many times do I have to tell you to not cook? I can get it!"

"Ashley! Fire!" He yelps.

I chuckle and walk inside the kitchen. I grab a bag of flour and dump it on the grease fire. It goes out and I put the skillet in the sink after dumping the grease out. I keep shaking my head and wash it out. He stands there frozen, not believing that I knew what to do.

I look up at him and reply, "From now on, I cook. Though, it was a cute thought. Thanks T."

He scoops me up in his arms and replies, "you're welcome!" He continues to walk with me and he sets me on my bed in my room. "I'm putting out an outfit. Wear it!"

"Okay okay!" I laugh and watch as he goes through my closet. He picks out a pair of blue jeans, my cowgirl boots, and a tee shirt that has "Real Country Girl!" On it. I laugh and wait for him to leave my room.

"Uh, T?"

"Yeah?"

"If you want me to change go downstairs. I'll be in the living room in a second."

"Oh right!" He smiles his face dusted pink. "I-I'll wait in there!" And he races out of my door.

"I bet we're going to the farm.." I mutter and slip the clothing on. I tie my hair up in a long ponytail, and then race down the steps to see Tristan with cowboy boots, a Tim McGraw concert tee, and some blue jeans of his own.

"Ready?" I squeal.

He laughs and nods, "let's go! I thought you'd like to ride again."

"I'd love too!" I say racing out to the truck. We hop in and drive off.