Chapter Five

A.N: note, you'll have a love hate situation for me... Yeah, I know I'm a terrible person. Trust me, I love it. Anyway's, back to the story!

--------

"Ashley Nicole Watson! Get your stupid ass down off of that stage!" Matt commands, very angry. "Now!"

I start to tremble and that doesn't go unnoticed by Tristan. Tristan grabs my arm before I obey and I know I can't get away from Tristan without hurting him, not physically but emotionally. I see Matt giving me the look my actual father used to give me before beating the snot out of me. I gulp hard and look at Tristan and then back at Matt. Both have their teeth clenched and are glaring daggers at each other.

"She doesn't have to if she doesn't want to," Tristan growls in a low, deep voice. "Ash, it's what ever you wish to do."

I mouth shakes as I open it to say, "Matt.. Were just friends! Were just having fun!"

"You cheating bitch!" He hisses at me and darts up onto the stage. "When that dumb-ass came back you just couldn't resist could you? I should-"

"Watch what you say, Matt!" I snap. He is already in my face but I start backing him up and getting in his. "Tristan is my best friend and you're not going to change that! Got it?"

Matt punches me in the stomach and I grit my teeth. Tristan tries to let go but all I do is hug him. I feel cool metal slip across my back and my arms. The cuts sting and I feel something warm and sticky flow down them, better known as blood. I squeeze my eyes shut and open them back up. I turn back around and try to run, not wanting to fight him, because I know I'll lose. Tristan lets me run and Matt rears back to throw a knife. A sharp pain in my leg has me coliding with the floor. People are gasping and standing their, frozen in fear. All except a couple men with dress blues on and Tristan.

Matt rears back to throw another one but as I turn around I see Tristan tackling him to the ground and fighting the weapons he has on him away from him. Tristan throws a upper-cut to Matt's face and he is knocked unconsious. Tristan gets up and looks at me, with fury and sorrow in his eyes. I bite my lip, scared.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" he orders, hugging me tightly and biting back another fit of anger.

I start shaking even though, I know Tristan would never hurt me, "H-he would kill anyone.. I rather my friends alive then my freedom from him."

"Don't know know, Ash. That's what I've been fighting for. You."

My heart skips a beat as he looks at me. His eyes filled with tears and his grip tightening around my waist. I throw my arms around his neck and hug him tight.

"I'm sorry," I whisper.

"I should be the one sorry, Ashie," he states, his voice shakey.

"W-What for?" I ask, my throat dry and I feel the warm tears start to stream down my face. "Why are you sorry?"

"I wasn't there for you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and I wasn't there for you. You needed someone. You needed me and I wasn't there. You deserve so much better and you looked so scared when he looked at you earlier. I knew something was up, but I figured not to say much about it. I should have. I should kick his ass harder! You-"

"Tristan, the last thing I want you to think is that this is your fault. You were serving our country, and following out your dream. Don't you dare think that that was a bad decision! You always wanted to be a marine and now, you are. Please don't th-think that this is your fault. I'd do anything to make you see that," I say crying into his shoulder like when he found out about my real parents and what they did to me.