VII

Being loved by someone gives you strength, but loving someone gives you courage
- Lao Tzu
_________________________________________

CHAPTER VII

**
The next day, February 8th...

I woke up early since it is a school day. Darn, why can't I skip one day??

I hear a familiar chime and looked for the source of the sound. I turned my alarm off and got up.

After a short prayer, I made my bed, and made my way to the bathroom. Staring at the sink, I told myself: Alright, let's get this over with. I freshened up, then went to the kitchen.

When I was young, Mom used to cook my breakfast; but, I'm an 11th grader now and I have to be independent. Plus, I have to prove that I am completely capable of taking care of myself - since I want to study abroad for Med School.

I must admit, it's difficult to manage all these by myself; but, I like the feeling of accomplishment afterwards. I feel so responsible!

Going back, I was finally ready for school. I took one last look at the dining table:

Dad's lunch, check
Sean's lunch, check - Sean is my brother, an 8th grade student at a private catholic school
Everyone's breakfast, check

Alright time to go.

I saw my cousin standing by the gate.

"You're late"
Ken says taking my bag

"No I'm not"

"So, how's it going with Patrick?"

I stopped walking. I was taken aback by his question. He probably noticed and he stopped as well.

"What? What happened?"
Ken asked, worried.

"WTH! You're sooo left behind!! Patrick and I have been over MONTHS ago"

"Shhhh, keep your voice down. You're disturbing the neighbors"

I remembered that it was 5:30 A.M. most people were still asleep. While for us, this was our call time to be in the service.

"Really?? Well tell me what happened"
He said as we sat in the vehicle.

"Hmm..it's simple. Patrick was two timing me and his current girlfriend. When I found out about it, I broke off all ties with him. I didn't even like him enough to fight for him"

"Cuz, you had no right"

"Yeah, I know"

I dozed off after that. The ride to school was still long. Thus, it became a routine for me to chat with Ken for about 15 minutes or less, then disinfect my spot in the vehicle, finally doze off until we arrive.

I felt someone tapping on my head. I woke up.

"Hey, we're here"

I just nodded at Ken before gathering my stuff and getting off the vehicle.

Ken and I are on the same floor - 6th floor. We're only one classroom apart, so we always make our way to our respective classrooms together.

Ken leaves first and I bid him adios. I entered my own classroom.

I set my bag down, took my phone and wallet out, and made sure I had my handkerchief and alcohol with me. I took my water bottle out, drank, and kept it again. I made my way to the restroom. Before going back to the classroom, I fixed my hair and cleansed my hands.