Chapter two - Tom

When you love the one that's killing you how can you live? Without her I was struggling. You know when you’re reaching for something that you can see but is out of reach? Kind of like when a teenager can’t reach it so automatically assumes they don’t need it, well I needed her. I needed her more than I needed oxygen. And we all need oxygen quite a bit, it’s sort of a necessity to live you know? But what was my life? What was the point in it when it was all for nothing? My own world came crashing around me at the end. Literally. No over exaggeration at all. Okay, well, maybe just a bit.

Derek ran over to me, he looked totally creeped by something. Something I’m not sure I wanted to know. I closed my book and glanced up at him. It was the book Lily loved and would never put down, she loaned it to me. Romeo and Juliet I don’t get why this girl is so obsessed over it. Like the Romeo guy is not hot. At all. Heck, I think this Romeo is related to this Juliet. Ick. Cringe.

"It’s the wolves. They want Lily!" He yelled, he looked serious and panicked. My face changed from a smile to pure horror, I tried masking it with shock but it must have failed epically.

"What?! Why?!" I asked, trying to keep my voice relatively calm. Derek began to laugh. Jerk.

"I'm joking! Your face is priceless Tom!" He said between howls of laughter. I scowled at him, it wasn’t even funny. She could have been seriously hurt or something. It’s not cool to toy with a guy’s emotions like that.

"Not funny Derek!" I growled, I couldn’t help but glare at my, soon to be beheaded by me, best friend. He poked me with a little innocent smile on his face.

"You like little Lily Summers! I knew it!" He exclaimed I even blushed faintly. Oh god he was going to go on about this forever? Please don’t. Please drop it. But of course, that was next to impossible.

.