Chapter three - Lily

Tap. Tap. Tap. I repeatedly drummed my fingers against the desk just waiting to hear the bell for home. Just to snuggle down and relax or even go out to town with Jade and Kira. Either of those options would have suited me perfectly. I glanced up again at the clock. Ten minutes left. I started thinking about what to do and making up just crazy random stories in my head.

"Lily?!" Jade waved a hand in front of my face. "Hello? Jade to Lily is anyone there?!" I snapped into reality.

"Huh?" I hummed, glancing up at her with a smile.

"I said we are going to the cinema with Tom and Derek tonight. Tom wants you there! You in?" She asked, with a little dazed look in her eyes, curiously I nodded.

I walked home quite quickly. I was scared. Scared that I hadn't anything to wear. I ran in and slammed the door.

"Dad I’m going out!" I yelled to him as I ran upstairs.

"Okay be back before ten." He retorted, I paused and retraced my steps to glance at him. He had received a letter I questioned him for a bit but he shrugged it off as nothing. So I nodded, convinced that it was as he said completely nothing.

"Alright…" I smiled at him, receiving as less than convincing smile back and informed him on where I’m going and I ran back upstairs after giving him a hug. Time to decide on my outfit. I decided on a pair of skinny jeans and a cute red top. It had like no back so I could wear no bra. Hey, don’t judge, it’s a lot more comfortable, I’m sure guys hate wearing boxers all day and squishing their little- okay too much information Lily. As I finished getting changed Kira and Jade arrived, I came out of my bathroom as they were sat on my bed, my hair was in curls, make up done. My thoughts drifted away to thinking about how tonight was going to go but my thoughts were interrupted by Kira and Jade.

"So Jade who do you have a crush on?" Kira questioned, quite tauntingly. Jade was blushing only light pink but as soon as I looked up quite interested and I smiled at her she turned red.

"N-No one!" She stammered. Me and Kira looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"Jade we know when you’re lying. Now tell us!" I said with a little giggle, my dimples must have been on show because she poked both sides of my cheeks, and I groaned because she’d smudged my blush and reapplied as she stammered her way through her words.

"No Lily! I... No... It's...-" She sighed, defeated. She hung her head really not wanting to admit it. "I like Derek." We stared at her in shock then burst into giggling fits. As we walked up to the Cinema I noticed that there were just horror movies showing. My eyes widened remembering the last horror movie I had seen... It didn't end well. I bit my lip and my heart skipped a beat as I laid eyes on him. On Tom.