It's not always the same

Soph's POV

The entire car ride was the epitome of awkwardness. Both Katie and me could feel the distrust oozing from the boys, like a toxic gas spreading quietly, dangerously.

And what do I do when I feel awkward and there is a silence just begging to be filled? You guessed right. I talk, and I talk way too much.

I clear my throat before I start talking.

"You know that we can feel your distrust, right? I mean, I get it. The hunter-life isn't exactly picket fences and barbecues, but seriously. Can't you trust us just a little bit? I mean, didn't we prove we were no danger to you?"

"Well we are not too sure about that, sweetheart", Dean replies not looking at us.

"Fine", Katie chips in, "be an ass about it. It's not my fault. Rhonda did happen."

At that the hunter turns around quickly to give my bestie a deathly glare. I'm

surprised he didn't give himself whiplash by how quickly he spun around.

"Komm schon, hör auf ihn zu ärgern. Der Arme macht sich bestimmt Sorgen Sammy wieder zu verlieren. ", I say as I turn to my best friend. (C'mon, stop teasing him. The poor guy surely worries losing Sammy again.)

"Ich weiß", she responses, „Ich kann nur nicht anders. Er ist so frustrierend." (I know [...] but I can't stop. He's so frustrating.)

"Can you stop talking in that language. It's irritating, especially when we hear our names. So, if you want us to give you girls some trust you should not speak in a foreign language.", Sam interrupts.

"Sorry Sammy. Sometimes we just switch languages at random. We don't mean to exclude you or make you irritated." I answer.

I mean we don't want them to know what we are talking about, so of course we are excluding them. But no need for them to know.

"In case you are wondering that foreign language is German."

"We weren't", Dean interrupts rudely from his side of the car.

I ignore him as I continue talking.

"Katie and I are both from Germany. We have known each other since kindergarten, so we pretty much grew up together."

"We are pretty much sisters", Katie adds.

We continue telling them about us. Telling them how we ended up in their universe.

We tell them every detail of the road trip we had planned. During all that time Dean pretty much seems to ignore us, occasionally saying "hmm" or "aha".

Sam on the other hands is a much better conversationalist. He almost seems genuinely interested, well up until now.

"Back at the motel you girls said we were fictional characters of a show called Supernatural."

"Yeah. But the show is only in its first season", I say quickly before Katie can tell Sam of all the hardships that are to come.

I give her a look, trying to communicate that it wouldn't be a good idea to let the hunters know how familiar we are with their impending future.

"And for its first season it's not that bad", she says nonchalant, not letting on how obsessed we both are with it.

She gives me a slight nod of understanding.

"It's mostly about what's about to happen this year. It mostly deals with the two of you hunting all different types of monsters. To be honest there are some pretty nasty things out there."