The Truth

I carried the heavy leather with the help from Primo Rosario who's only 2 years older than me. We walked in and smiled seeing Too Oscar and Felipe.

"Hola Miguel and"
"Rosario"
"abuelita imelda had you bring in the"
"leather?"
I got a headache trying to figure out who was who and who was talking. Rosario chuckled. "yeah she did. Also Mama says hi" he said as we handed them the leather and they took it to put in the corner.

Felipe brought back some shoes made. "here you go. Take these to abuelita Imelda." we said bye and left the shop.

As we walked Rosario looked over at mariachi plaza. "huh guess I know why abuelita Imelda hates walking out here" he said. I nodded as we kept walking. As we did, he looked over at me. "are you OK?" he asked. I knew I couldn't lie to him he knows me really well maybe even better than I've known myself.

I nodded. He sighed. "does it remind you of your.... Papa?" I shrugged. "I don't know honestly." he put a arm around my shoulder "you'll be fine. Just....forgrt him. It's not like he matters" he said. I nodded. But I just wanna know, why did he leave me? Did I do something wrong? Did I make a mistake was it me in general?

We got home and I quickly ran to my hide out as Rosario went to talk to abuelita.

I sat quietly tuning my guitar when I heard Tia Miguela's and mama's voice and the sound of slamming from a car door and knew it was them and they had just got home.

I sighed and looked at the albums. It's not my fault I love music. It's his! Ernesto De La Cruz. He was or Is the most beloved musician of all time. He started out as a no body from Santa Cecelia. Like me. Soon he began to play the guitar and people fell in love with him. He lived the kind of life you'd dream about. He starred in movies and made music!

But when I was around 4, he was crushed by a giant bell. I wanna be just like him.

I stood up and lit some of the candles on my secret ofrenda and smiled at my work. Then I looked over my shoulder and grabbed a tape of de la Cruz's best moments. As I put the tape in, I heard a loud bang and jumped up when,

"bark bark!" it was Dante! "hey boy" I smiled as he locked my face. "ugh! Hey" I laughed. I looked back at the T. V and watched the clips.

"I know I should follow the rules but I must follow my heart!" he then kissed a women. Ugh I looked away in disgust. I started to play my guitar. As I did, I felt so at ease. I let my hands just guide me on the strings and let the music play as I remembered when me and Tia Miguela would secretly and quietly sing together when I was little. 

As I played I opened my eyes to see the screen. "so what made you go for your Dream Senor De la Cruz?" he chuckled and looked up. "well I wanted that dream, and no one was going to hand it to me, I had to reach for that dream. Grab it tight"

In usion we said, "and make it come true" it all went static. I looked down at Dante. "no more hiding Dante, I gotta seize my moment" I said. Dante barked.

I got up and crawled out of my hide out and quickly ran to my room.

I ran in and opened my closet and saw my sweaters. I looked and saw my favorite. The red sweater with the stripes.

Me and Dante quietly walked on the roof before reaching the floor which Dante fell onto.

I was going to sneak off when, "Abuelita what should we do with this table?" Enrique asked.

"Put it in the courtyard M'ijo" I ran into the Ofrenda room and slipped my guitar under the table. "Get under!" I pushed Dante under.

"Miguel?"