land of the dead

"Ahh..." I opened my eyes and looked up I was on the ground. It hurt like hell too.

I stood up and saw a bunch of people standing and huddled in a spot in the middle of the road.
"Hey what's going on?" I asked as i walked over. But then my hand went through someone!

I screamed and jumped back, making me fall. I then went through the crowd of people and I felt sick.

It was me. I was on the floor..I wasn't breathing.

"Miguel!" I saw mama run towards my body. "M'ijo!" Mama held me close. I was bloody on my head and looked....broken.
"Miguel oh my god!" I heard Enrique yell as he sat down next to mama and looked at me before hugging me. "Tio Enrique!" I yelled.

I looked around in fear. No one can hear me. It was dark and even though it was warm over here in Mexico, I felt cold..so alone..

I started to cry and I turned away when I bumped into ssomething I looked up and gasped. It was a skeleton! An old lady. "Ahhh!!" I screamed as I fell onto the ground. I backed away and bumped into another and another. I screamed and ran behind a grave.

I saw any skeleyons. They are visiting graves. So they must be the dead ancestors.

I yelped when I felt a lick on my face. "Dante!" I shouted. He barked at me before running off. "Dante! Wait Dante!" I yelled before bumping into another skeleton. Again.

I stood up. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I said picking up the bones. Then the bones began to come together and make the person I had bumped into.

"Miguel?"
"Miguel?"
"Miguel?"

"Huh?" Then a big skeleton wearing a pink dress ran into the smaller one making him scatter again. She hugged me. "Miguelitititito" she said. "Remind me how I know you" I said as she let me go. "Were your family m'ijo" I then got a good look at the small skeleton. "Tio Julio?"

"Hola"

"Tia Rosita?" I asked looking at her. "SI!" She said smiling. I looked at the other. "Tia Victoria?" I said and she nodded. "Miguel how are you here?" Tio Julio asked me. I looked down a hurt look on my face "Miguel what's wrong?" Tia Rosita asked. "I...I'll show you" I said.

I led them to the scene and Tia Rosita gasped.
I looked at my self and I was still laying there with my eyes closed but I was confused. I was breathing. And cops were taking pictures and talking to my Tia Miguela and Mama.

"Wait. Miguel, if you got hit by the car, then why aren't you a skeleton?" Tia Victoria asked as she poked my cheek. "I don't know" I spoke in a low vvoice "he must me in a coma then" Tio Julio said. "Wait what?" I asked.

"Cause if you're not a skeleton then that means you're between life and death."

"Then how will I get back?" I asked. "Coco! Coco will know what to do right?" Tio Julio said. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Hey!" I looked over to see Rodrigo, Tio  Julio's brother. "Its Coco she can't crossover!" He said. Julio gasped. "Then lets go to her" he said as we walked over.

We walked until we got to a bridge, and it was made of petals marigold petals. I backed away slightly.

"Will....will. Will I stay permanently if I go..?" I asked nervous. "No...we don't think so..." tio Julio said. I looked back at the streets where I saw the ambulance and cop cars.

"Lets...go" I said and we walked across the bridge. "Plus it looks like you're not a skeleton so it means you're not completely dead." Tia Victoria said. It still didn't help.

We walked to the return station. "Please bring all items back to the re entry please" a voice boomed Inge air.

"Next" I turned my head to see Frida Kahlo!