Papa.... Is That You?

I ran as fast as my little legs could take me and saw the line for the party. I sighed. And got in line.

Finally I got to the front of the line and smiled at the bouncer and glared at me.

"and you are...?" he asked. I chuckled. "it'd ok.. I'm Ernesto's son" i said. He raised his brow bone before throwing me out and my guitar too.

Seriously? Do they not see the resemblance?

I was gonna get up to try again when I heard laughing and looked over to see the band that had performed earlier. Los Chacolacos.

A smile appeared on my face before running over.

"uh excuse me?"

"hey it's poco loco!"

"you did great!"

"you were on fire tonight!"

I blushed at the compliments. "thanks... You too! Anyway, musician to musician.... I need a favor. I need to get into that party over there. Will you help me?" I asked.

The skeleton woman smiled and looked at everyone else. "I'll help. Anyone else?"

They all nodded in agreement. Good. This is good. As they literally stuffed me in a trumpet, I had to hold my breath when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach.

Why am I feeling like this?

$$&&&&&&&$$$$$
"I have no idea Señora but I don't know if your son will survive. The impact of the car gave trauma to his head and may have hurt and organ in his stomach"

Luisa cried hearing the news as Miguela held her crying sister in her arms and felt her son Rosario hug her.

"remember señora. You can pull the plug whenever you want" be said before leaving the room.

Luisa wipes away her tears. "I want my baby to be ok" she said. Miguela hugged her. "I know me too Hermana.... Me too"

$$$$&&&&&&&
Miguel felt himself be blown out of the horn. He laughed. "thanks guys!" he said.

"geeze muchacho. You way something" the male skeleton laughed. Miguel chuckled. "yeah I know. I've been told" he blushed under his make up, moving a strand of hair to the back of his ear.

"look!" Miguel looked out the window to see Ernesto's tower. It was huge and shiny.

Miguel smiled at the sight before the train stopped and the doors opened. Miguel walked out.

"good luck muchacho!" one of then yelled. "gracias!" Miguel yelled back before running towards the tower. He passed by more skeletons who wrote putting on shows and little alebrejes that were serving snacks.

Miguel grabbed a small concha from one of them when he saw de la cruz.

"look it's Ernesto!" someone yelled. "de la cruz" Miguel said before following him.

He tried to get through the crowd of people when he finally got inside and saw the giant mansion. It was huge and it was filled with music and was almost like a club.

Finally Miguel spotted Ernesto but he was far off. "señor de la cruz!" he yelled.

"señor de la-" he then stopped when he felt that same pain in his stomach but this time it hit his head.

"ow....whats happening?" he asked himself.

He then saw the top of the stairs and got am idea.

He quickly climbed the stairs holding himself as he almost slipped. He then got up and looked down at the crowd breathing hard.

He then took a deep breath before letting out a loud grito.

"ahhhhhhhhhraaa!" the whole crowd looked up at him and the D.J lowered the music.

He then began a tune.
He began to sing and caught everyone's attention and people parted ways for him to get through smiling fondly. He then saw Ernesto talking with some people when he looked over to see Miguel.

Miguel continued singing until he felt his foot slip and he yelped falling into the water.

Everyone gasped and so did Ernesto before taking off his charro hat and giving it to a woman in a dress and jumped into the water.

Miguel was trying to swim up when he felt strong hands grab him and lift him up.

Miguel gasped and was thrown on the ground where he coughed up some water but also mixed with a little blood which worried him.

"are you alright niño?  Ernesto asked. Miguel looked up panting as his make up dripped off.

The people around him gasped when they saw him.

" I'm... I'm Miguel... Your son.. "Miguel said. Ernesto looked at him in disbelief. Both seeing that it was the living boy, and that he just said he was his son.

" I have... A son? "he wondered." yes its me... You see, our family hates music. And they wouldn't listen. But I hoped you would... "he said hesitantly. Ernesto then smiled and said," with a talent like yours? How could I not listen"he smiled.

Miguel threw his arms around him and Ernesto lifted him higher on his shoulders.

"I have a son!!!" he accounted making the whole room clap.

Miguel P. O. v

It was amazing to finally find my papa and soon I can get my blessing and go home. To be a musician.

We walked around and he introduced me to everyone.

"this is my son"

"my son!"

"my angélico"

We even sang Remember me!

Soon after, everyone had left the mansion to go see the fireworks. We walked into a big room where all his offerings were. "these are all my offerings from the land of the living that I don't know what to do with. But I love them enough" he smiled. As we walked I looked down and picked up a alebreje Chihuahua.

"was it hard? To leave everything behind for your dream?" I asked as I pet the sleeping alebreje in my arms.

Ernesto bent down to me. "si.... Especially leaving you" he caressed my face and I leaned into the touch.

We walked to the big window where we saw the fireworks began.

"oohhh!! The fireworks have begun!!" he said.

We walked back into the main room. "then I have to get back so I can do the sunrise spectacular. Wait Miguel!" I turned around. "que?" I asked

"you could be my guest of honor!"

"really?"

"yes" he smiled. But then realization hit me. I looked at my hands. "no... I need to get back into my body before sunrise or I really pass away..." I said. Ernesto looked at me sadly before walking over to grab a petal. "Miguel, mi hijo, it was great to have you here. I am sad to see you go, but I hope you die very soon" he said.

I looked at him surprised. "I might die..." he chuckled nervously.

"you know what I mean. Miguel I give you my-"

"we had a deal Chamaco..."