(Brian) In a heartbeat

A/N: Oh my god thank you so much for 1k!💕

To celebrate, here's an unrequested Brian oneshot!

But is it cute? No! It's actually kinda sad! Why am I like this!

It's not necessarily fluff but more like comfort and low-key (high-key) angst.

Hope you enjoy! Probably my longest so far and unedited so if it's cringey yikes sorry lol.

✨✨

She always thought they had met through coincidence. He, on the other hand, had been convinced it was in their fate to end up together.

Regardless it was while waiting to get picked up from the front office after starting two separate fights— each on the other side of campus. Brian was 8 then and even if his bottom lip was smeared with dry blood and open, he couldn't help gloating as he rocked his short legs back and forth on his chair. The other kid was older and much taller than him yet cried and scrambled as far away as he could when Brian landed another punch to his chest. That'll teach him the next time he thinks to call him prissy, the proud blond thought quietly to himself.

Then she walked in and he found himself unable to look away or remember the previous thought as he watched her disappear inside the headmistress' office. Her cheek was bruised and her pigtails were messy as they weakly clung to the hair tie holding each end together. Y/N was 7 then but even so this was not the first time she had had to explain to her parents why she had to be picked up from school early.

She tried not to wince holding the cold pouch to her warm cheek and closed her eyes— all too aware of the curious eyes watching her from the seat over. Though it wasn't long (with her short temper and all) until she got annoyed and almost accusingly she spat, "Can I help you?"

Her voice was soft, he noted. He decided not to answer her question and instead smirk at her to his amusement. However his lip was dry now and so he flinched when it opened once more. Her cold, hard eyes softened watching as a fresh coat of blood gripped down his chin and without a second thought handed him her handkerchief. Brian took it— almost as if he was used to the exchange.

"I'm Y/N." She hesitantly spoke after a moment of silence.

"Lewis."

Y/N scrunched her nose in distaste. "Doesn't suit you. You've got another?"

He thought about it for a moment and then reluctantly replied.

"Brian."

She smiled and the action caused him to grin.