[Chapter 2]

Teto could only gape at Len, taking in his appearance. As she remembered, his blonde hair was tied back in a little ponytail, but she didn't remember him having silver ear piercings. She also noticed he was wearing expensive-looking clothes: white dress pants, shined black shoes, a black button-up, though quite a few of the top buttons were left loose, and to top it off, a silver necklace with a silver cross pendant.

It took Len a good ten seconds of staring to realize who he was looking at. He could never forget those beautiful ruby-colored eyes, that flowing hair, her delicate complexion. Teto hadn't changed much from what he remembered, but he wouldn't have ever thought they'd meet again under these circumstances. Nonetheless, the sight of her made his heart fill with immeasurable joy.

"Teto!" He exclaimed, and as if on impulse, closed the distance between them, throwing his arms around her.

Teto accepted his embrace, wrapping her arms around his neck and burying her face into his shoulder. She was so stunned, she thought she might cry. Len was one of the last people she was expecting to see, especially at a nightclub.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, pulling away slightly but not taking her arms off his shoulders.

Len kept his arms around her waist, as if letting go meant losing her forever again.

"My older brother's in town, and he dragged me here, telling me I needed to live a little." He laughed, and Teto couldn't resist laughing a little as well. "But, I should ask you the same question. Why are you here, and how did you, of all people, manage to get pinned by some drunkard?"

Teto sighed, feeling tears coming on.

"Well, my best friends brought me here to try something new, and I let my friend buy me a drink to try, and I liked it, but it made me feel sick so I separated from my friends to go to the restroom, but when I came out that guy caught me and brought me back here, and I was so shocked that I didn't... and he... and he...." Teto tried to find the words to explain, but she was so upset and ashamed that she couldn't speak anymore. Her tears spilled over onto her cheeks, and she let out a sob. "I shouldn't have come, Len! I shouldn't have let Haku buy me that drink, I'm so stupid! I... I..." She cut herself off with another loud sob.

Len felt terrible that he hadn't found her sooner. He pulled Teto close again, placing one of his hands on the back of her head, as he recalled doing to comfort her all those years ago. He let her cry into his shoulder while he found the right words to say.

"Teto, it wasn't your fault. You're not stupid either. You were just trying something new, now you know you shouldn't do that again. And if anything, I'm glad you came, because now, here we are."

Teto smiled into his shoulder. Len was right. If she had chickened out earlier, she wouldn't have gotten to meet Len again, she wouldn't even have been able to remember his name. She had to admit to herself, having Len back was almost like having her brother back. She also realized in that moment she didn't want to let him go again.

"Len?" She mumbled into his shoulder.

"Hm?" He replied, letting her look up at him.

"I really don't want to lose you again," Teto admitted, feeling a little embarrassed now that she had said it. But, she knew there was no going back now.

Len smiled, using his index finger to wipe one of her tears away.

"There's no way I'll let you drift away again." He replied.

Teto smiled widely. But then, she remembered something Len had told her in the past.

"Wait, don't you live far away though?" She asked, her heart sinking a little.