[Chapter 4]

"Mat?!" Teto whisper-screamed, feeling her heart rate increase dramatically.

Mat stared at her for a moment, as if unable to comprehend what he was seeing. When he finally realized who it was, his eyes went wide as saucers.

"Ruby!" He gasped, his mouth hanging open.

After staring at each other for couple more seconds, Teto snapped out of her trance.

"Mat! Oh no, let's get you out of the rain. Come in!"

She quickly ushered him in and shut the door behind them. Mat looked up at Len, who had just been standing there in disbelief.

"Wait, Len's here too? What, did you two get a house together or something?"

Teto and Len both blushed profusely again, for probably the millionth time that night.

"No, no, no, no, no! This isn't even our house, we're having a slumber party!" Teto exclaimed, then realized she should probably keep her voice down.

"The better question is, what were you doing outside in the rain? You could've died of hypothermia!" She asked, bringing her voice down to almost a whisper.

Mat sighed.

"Long story, I'll explain later. Can I have some dry clothes or something?"

Teto could now see that Mat was shivering. She looked to Len, hoping he had brought some extra clothes. Luckily, he nodded.

"Yeah, I've got some extra stuff you can wear. Come up here." He led Mat up the stairs and to their guest room.

In the meantime, Teto made her way back to the living room where the others were waiting.

"Well, who was it?" Haku asked as she sat back down.

Teto shrugged.

"Uh, just a guy that I see sometimes while I'm...jogging. I guess he was running and the storm caught him by surprise. Len's upstairs helping him get into some warm clothes." She made the first part up on the spot, not wanting to explain her previous relationship to Mat.

They all looked at each other for a moment, and then shrugged.

"Okay, well, we'll wait for them to come downstairs and you can introduce us then." Haku replied.

They made small talk until Len returned, Mat by his side. Len took his place next to Teto, and they expanded the circle to make room for Mat on Len's other side. After they were situated, Haku spoke up.

"So, what's your name?" She asked, making eye contact with Mat.

"Ehm, it's Matsudappioyo, but you can call me Mat." He replied, trying his best to sound polite.

Haku nodded.

"Mat, what a cool name. I'm Haku, and these are my friends Neru, Tei, Teto, Len, and Rinto." She said, gesturing to them respectively.

Teto saw the confusion pass across Mat's face when Haku referred to her as Teto, but was relieved when he had the smarts not to question it at that moment. Instead, he plastered on a smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all." He said, nodding at all of them.

"So, care to join us in truth or dare?" Rinto asked, leaning forward a little.

Mat hesitated for a moment.

"Sorry?" He said.

Everyone stared at him in shock.

"You mean, you've never played truth or dare before?" Haku asked.

Mat bit his lip and shook his head.