Curiosity -Malec

Alec is staring. It's really not that hard to do when one is staring at another's eyes, but Magnus can still feel it. 

It's partially the staring that people do when they are looking at a priceless object, partially a stare of curiosity.

He doesn't exactly mind, in fact, he's quite used to people, especially shadowhunters, staring at his warlock's mark. He's pleasantly surprised that no questions have been asked. He hates insensitive questions from people who should know better.

Although, he wouldn't mind answering the questions that Alec clearly has.

"You can ask those questions that are clearly burning in your brain, Alec. I don't mind." Magnus isn't asking, he's making a request. Alec doesn't ask questions that are stupid or inconsiderate. 

"Um, your eyes. Do they dilate with light, like a cat's?" 

Magnus is a bit taken aback. He's honestly never been asked this. Most of the questions he gets asked about his eyes are incredibly personal, and uncomfortable to share.

Magnus has to think for a bit in order to answer the question.

"I believe they do. In direct sunlight, my pupils will contract until they look like splinters of black. In near total darkness, my eyes can pass for human. And before you ask, yes, I have the same range of night vision that a cat would."

"But you still see the same range of colours that humans do, right?"

"Of course. I get the best of both worlds."

"Why do you always glamour them? I mean, even when you're not in mundane company."

"People stare. I don't like my eyes. Take your pick."

"Well-" Alec brushes his thumb across Magnus' cheekbone. "-I happen to like your eyes. And, so what if people stare?"  

And, for once, Magnus finds that he suddenly doesn't mind someone staring. Not if that somebody is Alec.