제4장

Realism: Sophia Lee

Convenience Store
●※●※●※●※●※●※●※●※●※●

I went to the freezers to get ice cream, I grabbed a small tub and walked over to the counter. I gave it to mini Daniel for him to scan, paid for it and waited as he prepared my change.

The awkward atmosphere made me feel unsettled and so, my dumbass thought of something just....

"So you two... You and Daniel... are you two close?" I asked as he looked at me with a face as red as tomatoes. He looked at the side before slowly nodding his head.

"We are... I guess. I mean Daniel is kind to me and sometimes worries about me, so I kinda see him as a friend." He mumbled as he tried avoiding eye contact.

'Hmm... he definitely has a kind face, but I'm still unsure about him.'

I started biting my lip out of frustration.

'Maybe it's because he seems a bit suspicious? His timing is weird afterall... Maybe I should do a background run on him...'

I grabbed my change from the counter and walked out of the store. As I got down from the last step, I stopped as mini Daniel's face occupied my mind.

I looked back and saw him trying to tidy up the store. I really don't know why, but I just suddenly felt like something bad would happen if I left the store. But then the heavy reminder of tomorrow being a school day made that feeling disappear.

I instantly made up my mind and continued walking back home without looking back.

But still, the worry is surely there... bugging me.

It was a sunny day and oddly I arrived earlier than I expecred. Actually, the start of my day was great.

I didn't leave anything behind, I brushed my teeth properly and people started greeting me good morning.

'I feel like everything's gonna be great today...'

I got closer to our classroom, and heard my classmates loud and obnoxious voices.

Usually those people wouldn't be talking this loud in the morning, most of the time they would be talking shit about other people in mumbles.

I walked in and tried not to attract too much attention. But, unfortunately...

"Good morning Sophia!" Zoe beamed at me as I flinched.

I looked around to see if anyone noticed her loud ass voice. And... they all did.

Everyone started greeting me.

"Good morning."
"Wow you must be an early bird too."
"How admirable. You must be a good student."

I tried to walk away from them, but I did it so stiffly that I had to bump into a person.

"Hey. Watch it you-" As soon as I heard fierce eyes's voice, I moved away immediately, "-oh, new girl." Zack looked at me with a tiny glare, his tone of voice made it obvious that I was not a pleasant sight for him.

He looked at the students who were trying to greet me and sneered. "Fuck off. It's too early for your nonsense."

'Huh, I actually feel relieved that I bumped into him.'