Chapter 11

It’s been a week since my masquerade birthday party. I have been in my art studio painting the walls, making it more of my style and by doing so I painted the walls a golden color. Yesterday I had left the studio so the paint could dry. So now that my paint had done it’s drying I was hanging my mask and Mr. Anonymous’ mask on either side of my office door. I then painted a silver tear drop under each mask, dropping into a small puddle of silver. I was then beginning to paint a wolf on one of the walls when my brother walked in with Salem and a girl.

Matthew looked at me sadly, mouthing the words. “I’m sorry.” But I noticed that Salem and the girl were standing apart. The girl glaring at him for some reason and Salem seeming a little more happier than usual which is saying a lot when all I knew his for was a smoking tough bad ass but the one thing that still held that title for him was the fact that he had a nasty looking cut across his face but I didn’t look at it long because I then looked over at the girl. She was a pretty blond that was pulled back into a stylish pony tail showing her big brown eyes.

“Via?” I whispered.

“Athena?” She gasped then ran to hug me. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m living here with my brother.” I said pointing to my brother.

Sylvia smiled at me.

“So, um, how are you and my brother?” She asked. “You two still together?”

I tried hard not to flinch but I did anyway.

“He did it again, didn’t he?” She gasped.

I walked over to my painting not meeting anyone’s eyes as I did. I then whispered. “Sylvia it happened a lot. That’s why I moved here to Maine.” I let a tear slip, gripping the paint brush in my hand. “He made me think no one wanted me which that’s been hard to think otherwise since my mate rejected me. But damn, Sylvia, I was in love with Paul when we were together.”

“But when he-”

“DON’T say that next word.” I snapped causing her to flinch.

My brother growled suddenly.

“Her damn brother’s the one that RAPED you?!?” He growled, well more like roared.

I flinched.

“Get out! Get out now and leave me alone.” I told them all. “Just get out! And Matthew please never mention that again.”

“Sis?” He whispered.

“Just get out.” I growled at him. “Please.” This time it was a whisper as I slowly began to break down. “I can’t deal with this right now.”