Chapter 28 : Convictions

Carson

Flashback

'Hello, Lei. I need a ride and a pad to crash in' Carson said. 'Where's Mr. Grumpy?' he asked pertaining to Asher. 'Gone, now come pick me up' she said.

At present

'So are you just gonna sit there gazing out all day or tell me the problem?' Leandro asked. She isn't one to do so not that she is until he came into her life. They sat on the balcony of Leandro's family manor outside of London. She had called him to pick her up after the argument she had with Asher.

'That guy is so difficult' Carson said remembering Asher. She knows he is bad for her but she can't deny that she is attracted to him. However, based on Asher's actions, she assumed he doesn't really takes her seriously.

'Oh, come on when does relationships becomes easy. This is the reason why I don't do one, staying with someone long these days is overrated' Leandro voiced out, emphasizing his constant hate of relationship. Now that Carson had thought about it, she never really had a decent relationship. All she had are flings. Most men are just for show for make-out sessions to basically bother her father.

'I don't know. Its just I like can't even with him. You see he is so cold hearted, arrogant, egotistical and manipulative all the time!' Carson rambled her frustrations pacing back and forth. She stopped midway, sighing deeply.

'And...?' Lei continued that had Carson confused. He is grinning like a chescire cat, as if he had caught Carson on red light. She didn't answer as her heart hammer crazily. Carson instead turned her back away from him.

'You like him kitten' he said. Carson stared at him disbelief. She isn't one to trust people easily so she had built a wall on her heart. She hated being controlled so she created a bad girl facade where people don't mess with her. So it bugged her why she let her guard down on Asher Stone by letting him see her cripple down like an idiot on what she assumed is a one night stand.

'I hate him' Carson mumbled that sounded more like she is convincing herself than Lei. Things happened to so fast between her and Asher, that next thing she knew, they drifted apart even before they got together.

Yet, she pondered, will they be together if things didn't went hayware. In the end, she could only blame herself. Her impulsive decision to give herself to him had binded her under his Charm. Before she even knew it she became his, now she must face the consequences of her action. Its just as people say, you get burned with the fire you playwith.

'Hmmm, really?' Lei sounded in doubt listening to Carson. He held a look that tells Carson to reflect on herself. Right then, she knows what she had to do. If Asher Stone is one heck of a difficult man and so is she. Hence, its high time she call her Grandfather.

~~~~~~

Stone Industries, London Main Headquarters

Asher

No matter how he bussied himself, all of his effort are futile. All his reasoning blurred when it comes to Carson Jones. She made it clear that she doesn't want him in her life. Pain surge at him whenever he remembers that day at the hillsong roads' forest.

According to Helena Carson dropped by the same day at the penthouse to get some clothes and to tell that she will be staying with a friend for the meantime. It occured to Asher that she must be staying with Sarah. Afterall he can't imagine her with the Greekman.

He had decided to give her the space she needed in the hopes that all that had been said that day is just at the spur of the moment. That Carson didn't really meant that she doesn't want him in her life.

He stood on the spot like a statue for a long time When he gain the momentum to walk, Carson is went on a Buggati Veyron to which he assumed belongs to the Greekman. He watched the car drive away. He watched her go away from him.

To engrossed with his thoughts, Asher didn't notice Adrian is already sitting on the couch with his feet on his center table.

Rarely he visits him in the office so when he does he doesn't miss the opportunity to give Asher a salient of sardonic remarks. While Asher hated Adrian sarcastic comments, they are good friends since their college days at Harvard where they first share company as dormates.

Though, both came from rich families, they share the same views on many things, one of it is attending the University as normal guys enjoying their teenage years. He had migrated at New York to manage his family business and would time by time go to London.

'Where's Carson?' Adrian asked with deviltry in his eyes. Asher knew he had came to squeeze in Asher's face about the hotel incident.

'None of your business' he answered to Adrian playing his car keys, looking bored.

'I was hoping, I could take her out. Why don't you give her call and ask her Amico' Adrian said non-chalantly. Asher clenched his jaws. He didn't respond as he is fighting the urge to not snag the sarcastic English guy in front of him. Adrian then threw him a knowing look.

'Let me guess, you messed up. Carson hated you, you can't even call her cause she doesn't even want to see you' he rambled. Adrian hit right to the mark that Asher couldn't answer back. A victorous grin appeared on his friends face. Adrian shook his head.

'I never imagined this day would come. A day when the great Asher Stone has fallen to a girl. Oops forgive me Amico, woman. Its what you see Carson Jones right? Your woman' Adrian emphasized on Asher's face. This time he is one to shook his head. He faked laugh.

'Me, fallen? You are delusional my friend. Also she doesn't hate me, she's just stubborn that's all' Asher said more like to convince himself than a statement to his friend.

'Suit yourself. You might be interested though that a little birdie told me something related to Carson Jones' Adrian said calmly that had Asher's full attention.

'Elaborate' he demanded as his knuckles pale into balls of fist. He has somewhat the idea what his friend is talking about yet he keeps his mind open that Adrian could only be bluffing.

'Lets' just say, I dropped by your penthouse, only to find your housekeeper had been busy tidying a room left by a certain blonde. Who by the by way had pack her things up.' Adrian said in serious tone. Asher waited for him to grin like it is a joke yet it never came. Adrian remain laid back on his office couch.

Asher then tow Adrian with him in the office. Before his friend could even complain. He had already drag him out away towards his penthouse.

Hastily, Ashered opened the adjacent door to his room. He had never feared anything in his life apart from the empty guest room in front of him. Carson Jones had left. She had left Asher and without a doubt his life.