Chapter 49 : How Fate Works 2

Carson

She squeezed her eyes open and raised her hands up like she used to whenever she wakes up. Her dream had been too good to be true.

In the dream she met Asher Stone again. The man even caused traffic just to get to her. Now that she thought about it, she wonder when did she took a nap. She figured its the case since looking by the window, its night time, not morning. Also, Carson is still in her business outfit minus the blazer and the heels.

Yawning, she stood up to go the bathroom, only to freshen up. After washing her face, she felt more sensible to her surroundings, the thing is its different. She don't remember getting a hotel suite.

Taking deep breaths, she went out of the bathroom.

'Ahhhhhhh' she screamed seeing the man in her dreams, in the flesh. Asher Stone is standing before her,  wearing casual clothes.

'Tone it down, Cara Mia' he told her as he held his hands over his ears.

'WTF, why are you here? I mean you just can't be?' She rambled like a fool. A smile appread on his face whilst he started inhing their distance until Carson's back hit the bathroom door.

'Course, I'm here. This is my hotel suite' he whispered on her hear. Now that they're close, she could already smell his familiar musky mint scent. Everything began to vanish around her and all that's there is her and him.

'Oh, Hi!' she thrived turning sidewards but was trapped by slamming his hand on the directions she's aiming for.

'Hi? Is that the way you greet you lover' he challenged her, making her frown. And for all she know, how much longer can she take inorder not to do things she would regret later.

~~~~~~~

Asher

Carson look at him quizzically. By her looks, he can tell that she's starting to get irritated.

'Ex, it's ex-lover' she emphasized that in turn made Asher more determined.

'Technically, you ended it but I didn't. Its not mutual so we are still together' he explained that had Carson sighed deeply. She bit her lips like she used to do in the past whenever she is at the midst of contemplating a situation.

'Then, I would like a clean slate' she demanded,  stubbornly meeting his eyes. There he saw the pair of blue orbs that had him under the spell for years. How he wished he could savor the moment longer.

Before Carson could continue, he had crushed his lips to hers. Every attempt that she does to talk, was stopped as he sealed her lips with a kiss.

Finally, Carson pushed him away. She stare at him annoyed and decided to just turn her back to him.

'Where are you going?' He asked. She reached the door but failed to open it.

'Tell them to open the door' she stated more of a command than a plea to him.

'Why do you run away, aren't you happy to see me?' This time his voice came out with his face in straght-laced seriousness.

'You didn't looked for me, why?' Carson blurted. By the way she said it, she is hurt.

'Because I wanted you to grow,  for you to do things on your own without holding you back. And I'm glad I did because you had become the person I had always thought you to be' he explained.

In truthness he followed her and when he saw her starting her life over again, he figured Carson need her time without him interferring with  her life.

'Look at my eyes, do you see her? The one in them is the only one I love, the person I cherish above all else' he reitrated his profession of love to her. All the while Carson teared up.

'But I'm still not enough. Sooner or later you'll find another person that you like and I will be left broken-hearted' he held our her cheeks

'You are the only one that I want' he assured her, kissing her forehead and hugged her. He thought,finally he could feel her warmth again. A blissful moment he would cherish, the time she reunited with his only love.

~~~~~~
Author's Note:

Banzai! Thank you for the 100k reads! As a reward, I made this chapter as early as I could.

Hugs n' Kisses
Marie