Forbidden Secrets

Monica

I made it home before King and I was happy as hell about it. It gave me time to have a whole debate inside my head on what I would say to him when he got here.

"Pack your shit and leave cheating ass bastard!" I yelled then shook my head sighing at how dumb and immature I sounded.

This was breaking me down. I didn't wanna just assume he was cheating but I also didn't want to let that thought get passed me.

The front door opened and I stood up smoothing down my dress. I took a deep breath before speaking. "King-"

"I'm sorry okay."

"You're sorry! So you admit it!?"

"Yea I admit that I forgot our anniversary. It just slipped my mind accidentally baby."

I did a little sigh of relief getting worked up over nothing. Our anniversary wasn't even on my mind anymore. I was more so focused on where his loyalty lied.

"Its no excuses though. I wanna make it up to you. I got a surprise for you in tha back." He grabbed both of my hands and led me to the backyard seeing a table for two was sitting in the grass under a shade.

There was old school music playing from his phone and candles were lit around the table.

"I ain't cook the food. It's take out. Sorry bout that." He pushed my chair in before taking his seat across from me.

I couldn't do anything but laugh and smile like a fool. It was corny and lame but it was also cute. It wasn't much but it's the thought that counted. This had to be one of the cutest things he's done in awhile.

"It's okay. I still love it." I picked up my chopsticks and dug into the Romain noodles after drowning them in soy sauce.

After minutes of silent eating King cleared his throat.

"I ain't been honest with you."

My heard dropped and so did all the food that was on my chopstick.

Oh no oh no. I knew it! I knew he was cheating-

"I lost my job."

"Huh?" I raised one eyebrow.

"Yea." He nodded wiping my mouth. "I know I should've told you earlier but I just ain't have the balls. But I promise imma get it back soon."

I laughed and shook my head. "I'm not mad at you baby. Don't sweat it. You didn't have to keep it from me though." I said feeling us connecting a little better now that he was letting weights off his chest.

"Glad I finally told you." He chuckled taking a sip of his drink.

"That's all you had to tell me?" I questioned curiously as my mind ventured back to the events earlier tonight.

"Yea baby that's all."

I reached across the table and grabbed his face making him look me in the eyes. He pushed my hand away slightly and broke our staring contest.

He couldn't even look me in the eye anymore meaning he was still keeping shit from me. I shut my eyes sighing feeling that wall being put back up between us.

We spent the rest of our night drinking red whine while making simple conversation about nothing in particular.

I swished the little wine that was left in my class around staring at King contemplating whether or not I should bring up the Morgan situation.

That was all I was able to think about now. Why wouldn't he tell me about him seeing Morgan? Why would he even see her knowing we were on bad terms. It rubbed me the wrong way and I didn't like it one bit.