9. Blood And Bruises

There is a warning for SA (sexual assault) in this chapter. You will see it in bold during the chapter where the scene starts and where it ends. You can skip that scene if you'd like, I think the conversation between Ian and Alexis explains what you need to know to continue the story. 

I present to you, Skylar --->

Chapter 9

   I yanked the door open and ran into Kool Kafé, holding onto that sheet of paper for dear life. Slamming into the counter glass, I broke my run and tried to catch my breath.

   "Where's Ian?" I asked breathlessly, looking at Connor who was staring at me wide-eyed.

   "He's not here yet," he replied slowly, raising an eyebrow. "What happened?"

   I showed him the piece of paper I held in my hand as an answer. He peered at it and his eyes widened even more.

   "No way! That's your paper?" he asked, bewildered.

   "I had the same reaction," I nodded.

   He whipped out his phone from his back pocket and called Ian. "You have to come to the cafe now," he demanded once Ian picked up. "Just come,"

   "You're nice," I commented sarcastically.

   He grinned at me. "Well, free coffee for your victory,"

   "Yes!" I cried, pumping my fist in the air.

   Connor got to work on my iced latte and I sat down at my usual seat, looking out of the window and smiling uncontrollably. About fifteen minutes and a coffee later, I saw Ian pulling up on his bike. I jumped up and ran out of the cafe, too excited to wait. I jumped on him and wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug just as he hung his helmet on the handle. 

   "Nerd?" he asked, the surprise evident in his voice.

   "That's me," I replied happily.

   "Okay," I heard him mumble. 

   He slowly wrapped his arms around my waist and I snuggled up into him, realizing he provided warmth in the cool weather.

   Alexis, you're hugging Ian Daniels.

   She knows, now go away.

   Shut up, both of you.

   I mentally slapped myself for having three voices in my head. Letting go, I bounced on my feet as I smiled at Ian, waiting for him to speak. 

   "Well, what's with the sudden affection, nerd?" he asked, smirking.

   I handed him the paper. He looked down, a little surprised but the smirk remained. As he read, that smirk turned into a full blown smile.

   "No way!" he grinned, looking up at me.

   I nodded, grinning back like a fool. He wrapped his arms around my waist again and picked me up, twirling me around while I held onto Ian like my life depended on it.

   "An A in a French test? That's amazing, nerd!" he cried, after putting me down.

   "I couldn't believe it either!" I laughed, feeling invincible.

   "Scrap the tutoring, we're celebrating today,"

   "Can I go on the bike?"

   "Sure, wanna learn how to ride it?"

   "What? Of course!"

   "Well, we can't always get what we want," he smirked, using my own words against me. "Climb on or I'm leaving you behind,"