h

cast

"Okay, really, I don't feel good about doing this, guys," Anthony commented, looking at the batch of cookies on the tray Stephanie had in her arms.

"What are you worrying about? It's not like we were asked to bake the cookies." Andrew grunted, lifting up another tray filled with the baked goods. "Jesus Christ these are heavy."

"God knows that we can only act like we can bake. I mean, Betsy tells me that she's walking into Waitress with literally no baking experience." Brandon took the final tray of freshly bakes cookies from the kitchen counter but almost dropped it upon carrying. "Oh, shit!"

Stephanie glanced at Anthony before glaring at the Jewish man. "We can only dream. I can cook but I certainly cannot bake."

"It shouldn't be that hard to put cookies in paper bags and hand them out right?" Andrew asked, earning nods from Brandon and Stephanie.

"I'm confident we can do this." Brandon stated.

"Yeah, it'll be fine." Stephanie beamed. The youngest of the group forced a smile.

"Glad we cleared that all up. Now we really should display these now because someone told me that the line is long as f—"

The eldest in the group shot the tallest man a look, and Andrew backtracked. "I meant: someone told me that the line is really long. Yes."

Stephanie nodded. "Whatever you say."

Swiftly, Brandon and Andrew stepped out of the kitchen and went behind the counter. Anthony and Stephanie followed, but the woman suddenly bumped unto the counter and dropped a cookie. "Fuck!" she screamed before she could stop herself, earning stifles of laughter from her past castmates. "I'll pay for that, I swear."

This was why Anthony did not feel good about the three adults agreeing to the Broadway Bakes activity.

Nevertheless, the child went on with his job, which was stacking the cookies on the display trays. Andrew smiled his Crest White Strips Smile™ to the customers, seeing as that most of them only really came just to see the 4/7 of the Falsettos cast. Stephanie graciously thanked them for their presence, but when Brandon raised his hand up to wave, his tray went off balance and a couple of cookies fell, much to his dismay. And they were Schmacker-doodles.

"No!" He screeched, scrambling to pick the treats up. He blew on them—as if that would fix it— but stopped when he saw the disappointed looks of the others. "Five second rule?"

Andrew shook his head, frowning.

"You guys didn't see that. Don't worry. We're professionals. In theatre." Anthony muttered the last sentence, smiling at the fans who patiently waited. When he placed the last cookie on display and set the extras aside, the first costumer lined up recited her order, which was a Blueberry Cobbler cookie.

"What's that?" Stephanie whispered, grabbing a paper bag and scanning through the multiple cookies in front of her. The names were at places she couldn't view.

"It's somewhere on your left, Steph," Brandon said as he collected the payment.

Anthony watched as she took the wrong cookie and sighed. "That's Hummingbird, Stephanie. Not BC."

"I'M SORRY— I'M FROM JERSEY!" she suddenly exclaimed, earning confused looks from everyone in the room and muffled giggles.

"Anyway—" Anthony took the correct cookie and handed it to the costumer, thanking her for enduring their effort to be workers at the establishment. She thanked him as well for the cookie.

"6 Chocolate Schmackaroons, please," was what a redheaded man said, and Brandon, who was manning the cash register, literally stopped what he was doing due to confusion.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"6 Chocolate Schmackaroons?" the redhead repeated.

Brandon turned to Stephanie, eyes widened in panic. He mouthed, "What the hell?"

"Macaroons, Bran. They're called Schmackaroons here." Anthony pointed out, grabbing another container for the order before handing it to the costumer. The man handed them the $18 dollars and left without asking for a receipt. Someone was in a hurry, the child thought.

Behind him, Stephanie, Andrew and Brandon were confused as to why the boy was such a pro at this. Did he live in this store?

Butter Pecan. The Great White Way. Sch'mores. Corny Cowboy. Peanut Butter Cup. Cookies and Cream. The Classic. The famous Funfetti. Cookie after cookie and the Broadway actors were enjoying the interaction with the fans. A lot of photos were taken, but the four mostly concentrated on not getting any more food on the floor.

"Can I order a Krispie Treat for my friends at Falsettos? What flavor do you think they'll like?"

The four all turned around and happily squealed when Betsy grinned and moved to embrace them. Andrew got so distracted by his friend's entrance that he forgot the vanilla shake that was handed to him.

"Here's the shake, Andy. Andrew? Andy— oh my God!" Stephanie gasped when Andrew stuggled to grasp the drink properly and stumbled back, ultimately resulting in a massively stained apron. He immediately put the cup and its remains aside and groaned at the mess. Anthony grimaced at it all.

"Oh, jeez." He immediately started mopping up the mess as the others scrambled to make up another shake.

Betsy awkwardly stepped away and asked, "Rough day?"

"They're a tad bit overconfident."

"Gotcha. I guess it's one of those days."

Anthony shrugged as he finished up. As much as he was enjoying all of this, he knew that he warned them but they didn't listen. And he was right. He didn't know why, but he felt like the adult in the group. Setting his doubts aside for a moment though— seeing Andrew trying to clean up his apron, Stephanie looking at the cash register as if it were some ancient piece of machinery and Brandon juggling Betsy's Krispie Treat order, Anthony was suddenly reminded of why he loved this family of his. They were imperfect but goofy, and he loved them with the entirety of his heart.