I pay a visit to Luna

After explaining to the others that Inspector Mallory had arrested Luna for the most horrendous excuse. Sid was about to make a comment but kept it to himself.

"Terrible really." Lady Felicia said.

The rest of us agreed. Suddenly the phone rang in the study, Father Brown got up to see it.

"Bet it's Sherlock." Sid muttered to himself.

"Shut up!" I snapped.

"Luna wants to have a confession." The father announced.

"Ok coming, Toothless you can stay here." I said.

Sid made another comment, but I chose to let this one slip. Father Brown and I left the presbytery. I was confused on why she wanted to makes confession so soon, but then I remember the episode of The sins of the Father season 4 episode 9.

"I want to make a confession...to a priest." Said Robert's Butler.

Anyway we were at the station, sergeant Goodfellow was minding the front desk. The inspector heard us walk in.

"Not you Padre" he said.

"What do you mean?" The father asked.

"You didn't tell them?" Inspector Mallory questioned his sergeant who avoided eye contact. "Well the girl wanted to you."

"Me?" I said. Oh probably to tell me off, or to ask me to solve the case.

Father brown went to sit down in the chairs near the office, I assumed he was going to wait for me.

"We if you can get anything, she didn't say anything when I questioned her." Mallory said, as he had the keys to open the cell door.

Now I was even more confused, why out of all the people did she want to see me for? Welp I was about to find.

"I'm so glad you came!" Luna said.

She got up and came over, I though she was coming for a hug but turns out she wasn't.

"You know, you were right." She shyly said avoiding eye contact.

"About what?"

"There being something wrong with me."

Oh? I sat down next to her.

"You can't tell anyone else, promise."

I nodded, and waited for what she had to say.

"Avoiding eye contact, lacking emotions, sympathy, empathy. It's all part of what I have."

Asperger syndrome, I thought that was it. Oh Luna, me being from the 21st century I knew all about it, and the fact is that they are classify it as Autism when it really isn't.

"I understand Luna, sorry for going on." I apologised.

"It's fine, your the only few people who know."

I knew from the beginning it all made sense, her liking mythical creatures much more than anyone else and constantly going on about. It all made sense. Luna then started to explain how it all happened. A few minutes later and she was done.

"Well it does show that you've had a load of obstacles in you life, but luckily you've overcame then." I said.

"Thanks." Luna slightly smiled.

Just then the cell door opened again. Luna got worried.

"Don't worry it'll just be Sherlock." I joked.

"But he's scary." She whispered.

"No, he really isn't."

"Out!" Inspector Mallory demanded.

I got up on my feet and left the cell. Father Brown was still sitting there, talking to Sergeant Goodfellow. Mallory grabbed the collar of my shirt.

"So?" He asked.

"Nothing to report Sherlock." I lied.

"May I remind you, that I can tell when people are lying."

"Seriously Inspector it was nothing about the murder, it was just about her mythical creatures. Like the unicorn." I joked, hoping that would hit a nerve.

The inspector let go of me. Father Brown saw me and got up, thanking Goodfellow. The father and I left the station, where I had to come up with what to say. As Luna said.

"You can't tell anyone else, promise."