Natalie (@royalflames)

You first thought might be something like "wait, she's an admin". Yep I am. And that's why I joined this campaign.

I've had anxiety since I was really young and OCD almost as long. I just got diagnosed with depression over a year ago.

Last year, 8th grade, was really dark. I was depressed, suicidal and really not my best self. But now here I am, about to finish my freshman year of high school with a good group of friends by my side and with my amazing family at home.

I've dealt with mental illness for as long as I can remember and anxiety is a huge part of my life. When I'm depressed or anxious, I can channel my feelings into telling a story. Writing has always helped me get through things since I can sort my thoughts out and sometimes travel to a whole other world. But I use it as a way to cope, not to completely leave my normal life behind.

I want to get rid of the stigma around mental illness since I've learned that it's such a normal thing. By being on Wattpad and being just a bit more outgoing I've learned that lots of people have the same struggles as me.

I've tried to forget the part of me that wanted to take my own life because I have an amazing family and have always had friends so it makes me feel like a bad person. But depression does that to you, even if you seem to have it all like I did.

When I'm sad I think about how I don't deserve to be sad when my biggest problems are stressing over an extra credit assignment I'm totally capable of. But remember that it's okay to cry. Don't feel bad because you're upset over something small. Because no matter how great your life is, there's always something that will mess it up. And for me that's mental illness.

It got better. And I promise it will get better, even if it gets worse again before that.

Stay strong, because you are loved. And you guys can always talk to me if you need to.

- Natalie