Chapter 6

Chloe felt herself slowly lift from unconsciousness only to feel a slight weight on her right side. The redheads eyes flickered open and she looked down to see an arm tossed over her naked torso and felt the body behind her shift slightly, pulling Chloe closer. The redhead had a small smile cross her face and craned her neck to look behind her. Sure enough, Chloe managed to see dark hair and a brief amount of the naked small body behind her.

Chloe's smile slipped as she realized she had to get out of the bed. Cuddling was an enjoyable part of sex after, sure – but overnight cuddling? Chloe knew she was entering some dangerous territory. Reluctantly, a feeling that Chloe ignored completely, the taller girl slowly slipped out of Beca's embrace and stood up. Unable to resist, Chloe took another glance at the girl still sleeping soundly in the bed. Beca looked completely relaxed, and Chloe couldn't help but look over the naked body once more. Chloe's thoughts traveled back to the night before, how it had been actually pretty great with Beca. They just…worked. Beca seemed a bit nervous and awkward at first, but that disappeared pretty quickly as Chloe escalated her close study of Beca's anatomy.

Chloe sighed with some affection and some frustration. Beca was arising feelings in her that she did not want to have: feelings that Chloe was adamant about fighting. She wasn't scarred from past relationships or afraid of commitment – she just didn't want a relationship. Chloe was positive that she would not be staying anywhere near Barden next year, and Beca was a freshman. Why waste getting her heartbroken?

The redhead shook her head slightly. She quickly put on some clothes and decided today would be an excellent morning for a run around the campus. Grabbing the iPod laying near her shorts, she hurried out of the room wanting to expel the emotions the small brunette was creating within her.

Beca's eyes slowly opened, her body feeling sore in ways she never experienced. "Ow," Beca muttered as she stretched her limbs on the bed.

Quickly noticing the absence of Chloe, Beca felt her heart sink slightly. Where did she go? Beca glanced around, hoping the redhead may have at least left a note regarding where her presence was. The brunette sighed when she realized that was a lost cause.

Beca sat up and ran a hand through her hair, feeling more lonely than usual. Usually seclusion was of her own choice, but the morning after her first time with Chloe? She thought…

Beca felt tears well up in her eyes, but forced to keep them at bay. Last night had been rough, passionate, and sexy, but not exactly what Beca had always imagined her first time would be like. This morning is definitely not what she had ever imagined. She wouldn't say she regretted it, exactly, but Beca wished things had turned out…different.

In the midst of her thoughts, a sweaty redhead came through the bedroom door wearing a batman sports bra and some shorts.

"You're still here?" Chloe questioned, taking a headphone out of her ear.

Beca practically winced. "Uh…y-yeah. I just woke up, but I'll leave now…"

Even Chloe knew she was harsh, but she was sincerely surprised that Beca was still there, considering the redhead left to run an hour ago.

Chloe shook her head. "I didn't mean to phrase it like that. I was just surprised that you slept while I went on my run."

Beca forced out a smile and looked down, fidgeting with the blanket that covered her still naked body.

Chloe felt a pang of guilt. She didn't want to assume, but judging from the way Beca had acted last night with her awkwardness and nervousness…Chloe figured she had a virgin on her hands. Literally. She sensed the girl's vulnerability at the moment, and pursed her lips in thought.