ICU

*back to present* 

Jungkook didn't know what to think as he hurried to the hospital, driving rashly and jumping too many traffic signals to count but he didn't care at the moment. The news hit him harder than it should have, in a place where he was didn't know was existent. But tears hadn't made their way down his face surprisingly. When he got to the hospital, the nurse looked at him sadly before telling him that Taehyung was in the ICU, undergoing a surgery and Jungkook rushed to find the space not far away.

When he got there, he saw that Taehyung's sister, Tzuyu had already gotten the news and was sitting in the waiting space allotted right outside the ICU, letting silent tears roll down her face. He also saw Jimin at the corner, his head leaning against the wall. Jungkook could see that Jimin's eyes were puffed out and that there were trails of dried up tears on his face.

Right when Jungkook was about to go and ask Jimin a doctor followed by two nurses came out of the ICU, looking down at a notepad. He immediately walked towards Jimin who stood up after seeing the doctor. Jungkook went forward and joined their conversation.

"His shoulder blades weren't as affected as we thought they were. But it's his left chest that is. The truck's side hit Mr. Kim harshly and so there's a deep cut but thankfully it didn't damage the heart. Some of the minor arteries were damaged but we were able to fix that with a surgery. There are five stitches on his left chest. I think he's going to have trouble walking around so someone needs to be with him, preferably family," the doctor says and Jimin nods along while Jungkook ponders.

"When can we go see him doctor?" Jungkook asked and the doctor sighed.

"The anesthesia from his surgery will take around ten minutes to wear off and his body will just be tired the whole night presumably. Don't worry if he doesn't get up in the until late in the night. And also who's going to be staying with him for the night?"

"I will," Jungkook and Jimin said at the same time and Jimin looked at Jungkook before sighing.

"He will be staying," Jimin said, pointing to Jungkook and the latter nodded.

"Follow me please," one of the nurses said and walked into the ICU but Jungkook stayed back.

"Thanks Jimin, for telling me and I really-" Jungkook started but Jimin stopped him.

"I don't owe you anything, I feel like this is all my fault, if I just could have seen the truck a second sooner, none of this would have happened. I'm sorry," Jimin said while looking at the ICU door sadly.

"It's okay hyung," Jungkook said and put his hand on Jimin's shoulder and squeezed it and Jimin flashed him a sad smile.

"I'll go and talk to Tzuyu, do you want me to get you a cab?" Jungkook asked and Jimin walked away, turning his back to Jungkook.

"Yoongi's my ride," he said and Jungkook nodded, not putting too much thought into why it was Yoongi.

Jungkook made his way to Tzuyu's side and she stood up from the chair after she saw the male.

"Jungkook right? I take it that you're staying with my brother?" she asked, trying to sound strong and Jungkook smiled lightly at her.

"Yes, that's me. Taehyung's doing better Tzuyu, and you stay strong," Jungkook said and before she turned around, she murmured,

"Take good care of my brother,"

Jungkook knew that the sentence had a much deeper meaning.

*

"And if Taehyung wakes up, press this button and myself or another nurse will come immediately," the nurse said before walking away. There was a chair beside the hospital bed and Jungkook said down, watching as the nurse pulled the curtain shut, closing the space and giving the pair privacy. Jungkook took Taehyung's hand in his own and watched multiple tubes inserted into his arteries, receiving a constant dosage of pain killers and what not.

The latter wondered how Taehyung managed to look angelic even after a surgery. His silver hair was laid out perfectly, some curls falling onto his face that Jungkook reached forward to push away. This exposed Taehyung's perfects eyes, the tiny mole on one of them making Jungkook want to lean forward and kiss it. He suppressed the urge. Jungkook also noticed how the sucky hospital lighting just managed to shine on just the right places, creating a beautiful and unique shadow on the other's face making him look angelic and heavenly. Not like he isn't both in real life.

His eyes wandered down to Taehyung's lips that were still as pink as plump as ever. They were slightly parted and seemed scaly but it was still perfect to Jungkook. The younger licked his own lips as he shamelessly stared down at Taehyung's, hoping and praying to get a taste of them soon. His body was sprawled onto the bed, in a way that almost looked comfortable but it really wasn't. Taehyung's hospital dress was huge and it exposed Taehyung collarbones, most of it covered with a bandage as the doctor said. Thinking about the brutal accident, Jungkook couldn't help but think about Jimin.

It was almost ironic how Jimin had just agreed to let Jungkook spend the night at the hospital with Taehyung. Usually he would have argued to stay with the elder but this time he just blindly accepted it. It was almost as if he gave up on the competition.

Oh right.

The competition.

Jungkook, at this point didn't really care about winning or loosing, just wanted to have Taehyung for himself and it was almost as if Jimin was giving it to him. It was weird since he knew for a fact that Jimin was a stubborn person who always wanted to have things his way. And the fact that Yoongi was his ride was also surprising. (But Jungkook was so dense that he didn't bother connecting the dots that suggested Yoonmin)

*

All the blinding pain was suppressed when Taehyung saw Jungkook on the side of his bed, his head lying uncomfortably near his waist as his hands were still interlocked with Jungkook's. Unknowingly, the elder smiled to himself, giving himself a couple minutes to stare at Jungkook's bare face. The younger was undeniably handsome with defined features and Taehyung used his other hand and let it get lost in Jungkook's hair. He felt the soft hair between his fingers and heard the younger hum in satisfaction.

Jungkook's eyes startled open when he felt someone's hands in his head and he sat up in his chair, his eyes widening when he was met with Taehyung's smiling figure. Jungkook reached for the alarm that the nurse told him about but Taehyung stopped him weakly.

"How are you feeling Tae?" Jungkook asked him and Taehyung sighed.

"My whole body hurts and my chest hurts so much but otherwise I'm fine," Taehyung said and Jungkook frowned.

"I should really call the nurse so that she can give you pain killers," Jungkook said and Taehyung sighed.

"Before that, give me something to make me feel better," Taehyung asked and Jungkook missed the wink that followed and frowned.

"Give you what?" Jungkook asked, cocking his head to one side that Taehyung found adorable.

"Give me a kiss geez," Taehyung said and Jungkook smirked.

"Is the anesthesia getting to your brain or am I just loosing my brain cells? Did the mighty Kim Taehyung just ask me for the k word?" Jungkook teased and Taehyung frowned.

"This is what you do to a person in vain, surviving through a surgery and getting god knows how many stitches? You're so cruel Jungkook, I swear I'm going to-" Taehyung started babbling and Jungkook silenced him with a small peck on his lips. Taehyung smiled when Jungkook leaned back.

"One more," Taehyung murmured.

"What's that, I couldn't hear you," Jungkook said and teased the elder.

"Whatever, nothing call the nurse already," Taehyung said, irritated and Jungkook leaned down again pressing his lips onto the other's for a harsher kiss, this time with more passion and infatuation. 

***

idek what im doing with this book

if you guys have any ideas for turning this into angst, private message me pls

im open for any ideas cuz i have none rn

much love ❤❤❤