Chapter 4 - Wings of Ash

For some reason, Solfeggio seemed very anxious to find that fallen angel.
It may not be that different when someone visits his friend after a resignation, to comfort him and keep him company.
It could be that, but Solfeggio would not need me for that. I mean, my presence at this gathering of angels only means one thing. We're going to kill this fallen angel.
What this angel might have done? Could it be that he has become a malignant angel? Or crazy? Or may have rebelled against the heaven?
And what he's doing now that he was thrown in the human world?
If I'm going to fight him, can I beat him? Can I defeat an angel?
It is an indisputable fact that I became even stronger after the episode with Vahoko, but is this going to be enough?
By the way, how is my power growing so fast? It's like I'm progressing for every opponent I defeat. As if it was a video-game.
But this... this makes no sense, at least in real life.
In fact, my powers didn't increase as soon as I defeated them. They increased just in the time when I was in more danger. This is not strange. It's just my survival instinct. Adrenaline released in my body should be responsible for it, or maybe not. Once past the danger, the adrenaline fades, but my powers are still here.
It's not worth to think too much about it. Eventually, the answers will come.
Tonight, we went out to meet with the fallen angel. Solfeggio already knew his location. In a small building that I believe belonged to the town hall, Malak Autumn, the fallen angel, was sitting on the edge of the top of it.
We reached the base of the building, where Solfeggio shouted and called Malak.
– Oh? Finally you came. – Malak spoke and jumped down into a free fall of the building.
A loud bang propagated on the ground, but Malak did not seem affected by the direct impact of his fall.
– Hello, guys. – Malak appeared with a cynical smile. Looking at his appearance, it was easy to assume he was a fallen angel. Short haired, slightly spiky down, black as well as your eyes. His wings also were black and imperfect, like ... As if they had been burned, turned to coal and partially ashes. His halo was rusty, cracked and dull. – A Heaven's Representative, is it? – He looked at me. – Are you here to kill me?
– Yes. – Answered quickly Solfeggio.

– Hee. That's not fair. What have I done? Don't I deserve a trial? – Malak kept his cynical face – It's not like I'm a creature of darkness, you know.
– Have you forgotten? You were disinherited from heaven. You already have been tried and convicted. I do not know what you've done and it does not interest me. My orders are simply to kill you.
Solfeggio was a little aggressive.
– I'm not talking to you, angel. I don't care what the heaven or you think about me. It's not you who are going to kill me. It is not you who will get your hands dirty, isn't it, Heaven's Representative? – He looked back at me.
Not knowing what to do or say, I looked at Solfeggio, who told me:
– Deth, just kill him.
I looked at Malak and turned my eyes to the ground.
This isn't right. Killing creatures of darkness is one thing, but killing angels? Regardless of being exiled from heaven, he is still an angel. I can't kill him like that. Not without good reason.
I cannot be unfair.
But Solfeggio is so obstinate in the idea of ​​killing Malak and looks like he won't change his mind so easily.
In the end, it's like Malak said, the final decision is mine, but do I have the guts to confront Solfeggio?
– Solfeggio, I won't kill Malak just because you or the heaven is demanding. After all, from what I can remember, my job is to defeat the creatures of darkness, not demons or angels. I am not obliged to fight him, but I will kill you if I think he deserves.
– Hey, Deth, what are you talking about?
Before I could answer Solfeggio, Malak spoke first:
– Good choice, rep! Good choice. – He clapped for me. – It is good to know that there are still open-minded people among us.
– So what did you do to be cast out of heaven?
– Nothing. Nothing big. I was just running after my rights. As a good citizen of heaven, I was doing what seemed right. I was questioning the heaven.
– Questioning?
– You humans have a sacred view of the heaven, but the heaven is as rotten as the Earth.
– How dare you? – Solfeggio asked angrily.