Chapter 7 - Hero of Justice

Why am I still alive?
Wasn't it all to be over? For me to be dead?
It looks like I have an incredible ability to stay alive. Not a desirable ability right now.
Where am I?
Everything is so utterly black that makes no sense to open your eyes.
I'm in space? In nothing? I don't know, but it is extremely reassuring here. Just floating in seas of nothing.
After death, it is the best thing that could have happened.
Not bad, huh?
"How long do you intend to waste time in there?".
Who is it?
"It's time to get up again, Deth."
A hand emerged from the black sky. A brilliant hand.
Are you God?
Swimming, I ascended and held the hand. It pulled me out. Out of whatever place I was back there.
With my knees on the ground, I was back to the normal world. I looked back to see from where I came out of. As expected, all it had was the floor... and my shadow cast on it. Looking ahead, there was no God, only Malak, saving me again.
– It was time to leave the cocoon, butterfly.
– I was hiding in my own shadow?
– Yes. There's something really wrong with your shadow and I have no idea what it is. –
I took a look back to the shadow and had the feeling that she was also watching me.
– Well, whatever. That's not even important. Nothing more.
– Hey, Deth, you have been depressed long enough in my opinion. It's time to get up. – From the kneeling position, I turned, laid on my back down and stared at the sky. – I told you to stand up! – He repeated.
– You know, Malak, I was having an amazing time with Alice...
– I know, but one day everything ends. Too bad for you it was too fast. Unimaginably fast.

– Yes; I truly wanted to die after that.
– Wasn't it not enough yet? See, after all, she was just a normal person. I mean, she was also a demon, but that's not why you fell for her; and you're killing yourself because of an already-dead person?
– I know. I can't even imagine how much time I spent there, but it's time to leave these things aside; I mean, not everything.
– Not everything?
– It's time for me to forget Alice and move on, but I can't ignore what Vahoko and Disörder did.
– Do you want your revenge?
– No. – I got up from the ground. – I want my justice. I can't permit them to kill someone and let them walking around unpunished.
– Justice? – He thought for a moment. – Don't forget you already have killed someone yourself.
– That representative? He wanted to kill me, I was just defending myself. Now, for Disörder and Vahoko, I didn't do any bad and posed no threat to them. In fact, Vahoko wanted revenge because I attacked, but this just because, again, she attacked me first.
– Surely justice is a good thing, right? There is no right way to do it, but you always do it rightly. An abstract thing, a thing that you can shape and interpret as you wish to justify your actions.
– What do you mean by that?
– You'll kill them, won't you?
– Of course.
– You're going to kill two people, creatures or whatever. You are doing the same as them, but you're going to get out alive as a hero of justice and they killed as guilty. At least in your view, in your justice.
– Yeah, but I would never need to kill them if they had not killed Alice first.
– This is your justice. Do you think it's fair Disörder, a demon who was born without appearance and lent it from another one, to be condemned to live in the shadow of the existence of another being?
– No, but it's not my fault he is this way. I have nothing to do with him.
– Weren't you who summoned him firstly?
– I was not just me...
– Is it not fair, or natural, for him to lend the face from the strongest demon present?

– Fair enough; and I don't care about that. Now... he wants to kill me to live my life? This is completely unfair.
– It is unfair for you, but what about him? His injustice does not matter to him, only his own.
– ...
– And Vahoko? It doesn't seem fair that she wanted to kill the representatives, since it was they who decimated her race firstly? And, at that moment, despite not being the same representative, your job was still to kill the evil creatures and her? If you weren't a representative, she wouldn't have attacked you to protect herself, and you wouldn't have done the same and seriously injured her, what would be the motive for revenge. In her justice, you are the one to blame. – It wasn't this type of attack, but I won't go into details. This will only complicate things.
– Call it justice, revenge, or anything else, but I'm still going to kill them.
– I know and, as a good friend, I'll tell you where they are. – Malak gave me the address where they were living. A house outside the city. A neighboring town of mine. Inconveniently, I'm going to have to catch a train.
After a two-and-half-hours trip, I was in front of the damn house.
Should I knock on the door or break in the house?
To break in, of course.
With a tremendous kick, the front door flew up inside it. Vahoko came running to see what had happened.
– Hello, can I come? – Vahoko then opened her wings and showed her glowing red eyes and sharp canines. It reminded me of the first time I met her. Who knew that would be equal to the last time I would see her.
– Get out of this house, Deth! – I laughed. Does she think she is in a situation where she can demand something?
– No. You don't think I'd let you live quietly after what you did to me? – It was kind of lost, looking around. Looking for something? She couldn't get away with the scorching sun outside. She couldn't beat me in a fight. The question was:
Where was Disörder?
He had not appeared so far, it is not stupid to assume that he is not at home and Vahoko's alone. If this is the case, I should stop wasting time and enjoy this moment.
– It seems that disorder is not at home. So let's start with it soon.